Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
I just bought my MX-6 today. doesnt compare to my mid 13 sec eclipse, but good enough, and im pretty happy with it.
Im heavily into DSM's ive had 2, one i broke at the drag track, so i sold it, bought another, this one was my fav, perfect condition 1990 FWD turbo...modded it to mid 13's then one faithful day i didnt look up at a red light and my car said said HEY! TO A 99 CORVETTE totalling my car... its in my garage, all stripped out, sold most of the parts out of it.
Now i got my MX-6 and the first thought during a test drive, "they need a turbo kit for this" then after searching here for a lil, i found they do make them, AWSOME! ill probably be modding this one after i finish payments for it... I'm all go no show, so im not interested in modding the exterior but i do need a new paint job pretty bad and new lights cause my headlights are yellowed out, this car runs beautifully, smooth and quiet, its a 5spd.
Just introducing my self with a lil background!:D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome :) Any pics of the Eclipse? BTW, its an RS, not es...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha sorry...didnt have a clue. dont know mazda's yet ;)
heres pics of the wrecked one, its all i got on this computer
photos.yahoo.com/eclipser96gs2003

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
BrokEclipse said:
Hey all, I just bought my MX-6 today. doesnt compare to my mid 13 sec eclipse, but good enough, and im pretty happy with it.

Now i got my MX-6 and the first thought during a test drive, "they need a turbo kit for this" then after searching here for a lil, i found they do make them, AWSOME!

I'm all go no show.

Hey BrokEclipse;
Too bad about your loss, however congrats on your "6" and welcome aboard !
Understanding you're into making your cars "run fast", and the fact that you prefer "Turbo-power".........You might want to consider a 1st Gen GT with the factory turbo.
For the money that you'll spend on modding your '93 with the 4cyl, you could be into a quick GT, capable of producing massive amounts of raw torque !
Check out the 1st Gen Performance forum for what other "6"ers have done to their GT's for faster times.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
congrats on your new 6, do you have the i4(rs) or v6(ls)?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Re: Re: Joinin the group

johniebgoode said:
Hey BrokEclipse;
Too bad about your loss, however congrats on your "6" and welcome aboard !
Understanding you're into making your cars "run fast", and the fact that you prefer "Turbo-power".........You might want to consider a 1st Gen GT with the factory turbo.
For the money that you'll spend on modding your '93 with the 4cyl, you could be into a quick GT, capable of producing massive amounts of raw torque !
Check out the 1st Gen Performance forum for what other "6"ers have done to their GT's for faster times.
Although I agree with you, the first gen gt with the factory turbo would be a far better option for a turbo'd foud cylinder, based on the fact that he already has his 2nd gen and is making payments, he prolly doesn't really wanna sell it and look for another car.

As far as turboing the i4, I think it takes a turbo fairly well, but you could take a look around and talk to some of the people in the forced induction section. If you want more information still, you browse around on www.probetalk.com I think there are numerous turbo'd i4's around there that could give you an idea what all is involved.

-Bryce

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome to the site and to MX6 ownership, Mike.

There seem to be quite a few MX6's in the ATL area, thought we haven't managed to put a meet together yet. Hopefully something will be on now that the holidays are over.

Enjoy your car.

Eric

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! cant wait to put my Borbet rims i hve sittin on the floor on it, then ill snap some pics ;)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
hey for your headlights, you can use headlight cleaner or rubbing compound to get them back to almost like new condition. both of those products are sold at autozone and they DO work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts