Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I order any light bulbs for my jspecs I want to be sure on a few things.

There are several types of H3 bulbs apprently....H3C, H3U, H3H, ETC. What is the difference between them? Don't all H3 bulbs ground with that little wire in the socket?

Next question:

How many watts are your running in your projector housing. I know higher wattage equals more heat. I was thinking about running the 100watt instead of the 55 for the extra lumens. Anybody done this? Ill effects?

·
Registered
28 Posts
jspecs

Just curious..im getting my lights put in soon and i was wondering are the H3 and H3C the same? If i buy the H3 bulbs are they ok for my headlights?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
H3 and H3C are 2 different bulbs. The H3C is the one thats needed for the jspecs since its used to plug in, it has 2 forks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
yeah where do I get these H3C's from .. word????

Matt

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so is anybody running higher wattage bulbs in their jspecs?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Radar said:
so is anybody running higher wattage bulbs in their jspecs?
I just use the bulb that came with it, since mine came with halogen bulbs instead of those yellow stock bulbs, the only thing I had to change was the high beams cuz they are yellow. You should wait till you receive the J-Spec and see what bulb did the pre-owner has, you might get lucky ;) but if you wanna order higher wattage bulbs, I would say 55 ~ 80 watt is the, 100w might melt the wire harness, my friend put 100w H7 bulb in his GT-S and his wire harness melt. I think mine is only 55w but they are pretty bright :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
i put in 100watt h3 bulbs not h3c the shape is the same there is a metal tap u can wrap the ground anround then just splice the power to the + lead on the harness they look nice and white.

Jimmy

Dont be affraid to try new things. I do it all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts