Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fogive my ignorance of this stuff but
Will a Jspec cam shaft do anything for performance on a KL03 with no modifications.. aside from the usuall bolt ons? What will it do... and why? is it possible??

cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
cams

The jspec cam are slightly more agressive than the 03 cams, and will result in modest gains (around 8-10 hp on the dyno I think). Without really getting into it, this is done through different combinations of lift and duration (higher lift, keeping the valves open longer, etc.)

They should drop right in, but it is not a trivial install. It is a fair amount of work. Between the price of the cams and the install, a lot of people think it isn't worth the time and money for the amount of power gained. If you are going to the trouble of doing cams, you might consider interprep or paeco. They have cams that are more aggressive than the ZE cams and will give higher gains, but will probably be a bit more work and will idle faster. Shims are required.

·
Registered
281 Posts
DO IT

Order some interprep street cams for $600USD plus $104USD for shims then take them to A-spec and they'll charge you probably like $400CDN to install and you have yourself something like 14-16whp extra which is completely hidden other than the 900rpm idle. You wouldn't have to tell anybody about it meanwhile you would dyno at a little over 150whp which is similar to installing a Jap spec engine without ECU.

If I weren't going turbo I would do it myself.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice

that sounds fu#kin kewl... what a nice sleeper mod that is...

I think im gonna consider that for sure!! as my truly serious performance mod... its kinda expensive...

Can Aspec get a deal on these interprep cams?

cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does any know if they make any other cams for the 2.0 besides the jpec. Where would find interprep cams I could then check myself if they make anything for the 2.0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts