Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these headlights not available in canada? never seen them. luv to get them! anyone have a clue where to find a pair?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

Those would be phat!!!
I would be intrested in some of those too if you find any. Maybe you should try to contact Aspec in Etobicoke. I met with him one time just asking about clutches and the like. He did give me the impression that he can do or get pretty much anything I wanted.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
ere

eres the info
TEL: 416-674-3888
166 Disco Rd, Unit B
Etobicoke, Ontario

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i'll check it out

thanks man. i'm waiting for a friend to check it out for me as well. hey, how much did u pay for your short shift and what r they?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

Actually if you notice in my sig, it says : Coming soon: short shifter.

What it does is actually shorten the throw of your gear stick. Basically making it easier to shift gears faster. I want it so that I would be able to shift my gears faster once I get the nice clutch to go with it :)
You see, I figure that this car is considered a sport/luxury car and therefore as to give up a little bit of performance for smoothness. My understanding is that by replacing the cltuch and the throw of the shift, will enable me to have more of a racer car then a luxury car. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... but im pretty sure Im on to something here.

thx
cheers

[Edited by Rufnek69 on 02-23-2001 at 05:28 PM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oops. duh?!

hahah. that was silly of me to ask...guess i was looking at the cool stuff and missed the coming soon part. too excited that's all. i shopping for a front lip right now...was trying to lower my car a bit more but it'll be too costly. u got body kit or any ground effects on your car?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
nah

nah not yet.. i wanna get a lot of stuff Ive only had the car six months and I have other hobbies i like to spend my coin on. After i get the clutch and shortshift, I wanna get some low profile 15s with ENkei 5 stars.. That way by going with tthe stock size tire, it doesnt screw with my guages and sh!t. Since some dork tapped my passenger side door, I now wanna get a nice shiny blue paint job. Prolly somethin glike that electron blue Ive seen on the board here before. I find the tires make the whole car man.. totally gets rid of the "stock" look

did your intake make a big difference in performance?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YO! WASSUP. U KNOW HONESTLY, THE INTAKE DID NOT MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE. MAYBE 2-3 EXTRA HORSES IF EVER...BUT IMPT. THING IS ONCE U ADD ALL THE EXTRA STUFF U PUT IN, IT'LL MAKE A NOTICEABLE DIFF. JUST LIKE WHEN I PUT HIGH TENSION WIRES IN, THAT'S WHEN I NOTICED THE BIG KICK! OF COURSE THE INTAKE GIVES U THAT LOW "MACHO" SOUND THAT MAKES U FEEL U CAN GO FASTER. FOR RIMS THOUGH, GET ATLEAST 16"s FOR SURE COZ THE MX-6 BODY IS QUITE BIG. LATER.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello...

Does resetting your computer help make the change/improvment more noticable? I thought it did.
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
well resetting the current ECU found in mx6's could cause a change depending on what condition the car is in and how old it is... if the car is still young the mappings are perfect, but as the car gets on in age the new maps try to push the car even though it doesnt have everthing it used too... however remapping the ECU with the condition will maximize the performance... it could also fix a lot of problems in the engine as i found out when i replaced my 94mx6 engine with a 97 probe and it was so crappy until i remapped my ECU and it kicked!!! it was reading the old maps from the old engine... hope this helps... BTW ruffnek... JSPECS cost $500 U.S. thats an arm and a leg... persoananlly im doing a 92-95 civic headlight conversion as soon as i get the cash...

·
Registered
113 Posts
aspec is currently shutdown. they should be up in a while still, but who knows when .... i'll notify you guys when they are back up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts