Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I picked up new bulbs for the jspecs because the bulbs were no good... i got them in and one is a really nice white blue color.. and the other is really yellow.

it makes the car look really bad :(

it this something I can fix? Its not the bulbs. I already tried swapping... its either the wattage going through the wiring or something to do with the internals of the jspec :(

please help ASAP.. I would like to fix this for the weekend. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
did you try plugging the nice colored headlight into the other side's wiring? If it shows up white on that side too, then you've eliminated the wiring. you're talking about jspec headlights, not foglights, right? i don't know what else could be the issue to be honest. Unless you've got some oxidation or something on/in the headlight itself? :confused:

Trent

·
Registered
19 Posts
my 93 LS has a recurring problem while using halogen or xenon fusion bulbs. The socket you plug the bulb into will eventually disentigrate due to the upped wattage of the bulb. Perhaps yer socket(s) are hashed out, it caused my one bulb to shine yellow; or 'winking six syndrome' if you will, it occasionally came back on for the most part if I jiggled it or put the beams on. Look into the socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts