Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

when im driving along in my 6, all is fine until i get to an island for example, when i dip my clutch and slow down, my car has stalled a few times, and ive noticed the revs drop quite low when i do slow down, its fine if ive got my air con on, but i guess thats because it is revving higher anyway.

hopefully this is a simple fix, i was thinking maybe a vacuum leak or my idle air control?

i have fitted a CAI aswel.

i remember on my other mx6, that wasnt an import, when i revved the car to say 3000 in neutral and let off, the revs would drop, stop for half a sec at about 1000 then go down to wat it should be around 700ish and that never stalled.

anybodys advice would be appreciated, cheers

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Mine does something similar.
If I run the car till it reaches normal temp then stop it and re start the idling blips between say 200 and 900 revs for quite some time and it can sometimes stall. But if the car has been running for some time I dont have this problem.
It's not a major problem for me as my car is just a very expensive garden ornament at the moment.

Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol fair enough, have u ever tried to diagnose wats causing it? if its the idle air control valve i have another one u see.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
should be 650 +/- 50 rpm...

If it is low, it may just need a tune up, but usually any problems are down to air leaks...

If you cant find any loose or disconnected pipes, or cracks in the rubber elbow, then try cleaning the TB with carb cleaner..

If the idle is still low, short ten & ground, and turn the idle screw on top of the TB, then disconnect the jumper wire.

John

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
There are pins inside the diagnostic box... you have to short TEN & GND with a jumper wire to put the ECU out of action so you can adjust the Idle speed (and ignition timing) otherwise the ECU will compensate for the adjustment..
once you have adjusted it, you can remove the jumper wire..

And there are 2 GND in there, you can use either one.

Also a good idea to reset the ECU every now and then...
Disconnect the battery and press the brake pedal for 10 seconds..
Make sure you have the code for the stereo, and you will have to tune it in again..

Another way is to pull the centre console out, and pull the leads from the ECU, and leave it a few minutes..

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts