1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
there wasnt anything mystery about his turbo, he got the bearing housing taken out and replaced to retrofit 7mm bearings instead of 5mm. The exhaust side was ported to accomidate a Maserati biturbo exhaust wheel and shaft and a T Bird compressor housing and wheel. Evereything else was stock RHB5. BTW the turbo in the picture appears to be an older beat version of the IHI that comes in the WRX

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... the hybrid one he found at the junkyard. He said he had no idea what the compressor housing and wheel came from. The compressor housing was definately not a t-bird.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I think it is smaller, just look at the size of the wastegate and rubber plumbing in relation to the size of the housing. The inlet at first glance looks big, but I think it is only because of the small housing.

Neil

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno, look at some pics of stock turbos then look at it. It's definately bigger.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
LOL, rebel this is like the smallest ihi u might find, i remeber once looking at a turbo exactly like that on ebay, it stated it was a turbo for a motorcycle, i mean, look at the compressor wheel, it has 8 fins, our ihi's have 10 fins. but this turbo look bigger, casue its body is soo small, making the compressor wheel look big.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grrr **** the IHI's, I'll stick with garrett, and julios unknown hybrid can stay unknown :D

pictures are decieving..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts