Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was actually asking how to test the control box/timer units. The rear rack isnt a problem; even if it is bad, racks can be repaired. BEcause I think 4wsgt was the one I needed to test this for... (I just found it again in the attic too)
yeah, youre right, we exchanged messeges about it awhile back but you were in the process of moving. im still interested though if you want to unload it. let me know-:cool:

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
yeah, youre right, we exchanged messeges about it awhile back but you were in the process of moving. im still interested though if you want to unload it. let me know-
yep, havent forgot about you:) Thats why Im trying to find a way to test it out, since with my car having the 4ws disabled, itd be hard to plug it in to test:(

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
yep, havent forgot about you:) Thats why Im trying to find a way to test it out, since with my car having the 4ws disabled, itd be hard to plug it in to test:(
I am certain it worked when I sold it to you 6 months ago. Its sure to still be fine...

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
:rolleyes:Again with the pointless bashing. Gets old...

It's the unit I got from the car I stripped down at the junkyard. I cant test this spare unit without the 4ws working, unless someone can tell me how, if its even possible at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
filter change

if you were so inclined you could pop out the 4ws hydraulic filter and see how dirty/inspect for shavings.
I have tried numerous times to remove that filter but it seems the piston (looks like a wheel cylinder piston) behind the screw in plug refuses to come out. Is there a secret to "pop out the filter"?

My next step was gonna be to build a catcher basket and see if hydraulic pressure could force it out.

Sorry to ressurect an antique thread.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts