Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I always act like a kid in a candy store whenever I go to junkyards? There's one about a half-hour from my house and you pay $1 to get in then you've got free reign to pull whatever the hell you feel like from the cars inside. The shit goes for anywhere from 50 cents to 50 bucks (you can get a whole engine for $50)

They have acres of imports, unfortunately, they dont sort imports by mfr like they do domestics. They've got like 10 acres to all the imports, jumbled together, then they give chevys, fords, pontiacs, etc separate lots. So yeah, finding Mazdas isn't easy. But they are there, and in increasing numbers. They wont put anything out to the general public that isn't at least 8-10 years old, or if not, its probably wrecked beyond belief. When I went last summer, they had at most 2 mx6s and 5 626s, and they were picked clean. Wednesday, I went, they had like 10 mx6's and at least 30 626s.

Finding a car is one thing, finding one with what you need is another. Most cars there are badly wrecked, its tough to find any kind of headlights/hoods/anything like that. Interior parts are a lot easier. They should be there unless someone got to them before you did. I got some switches and junk for my car that's broke over time, made me a lot happier. I'm almost considering going back for this NICE pair of seats that are in this '89 626 LX, they're in mint shape, the same color as my interior, and they've got a lot more side support (mine got kinda flat)

So i want to ask a couple Q's before I go back there...

1) Is the wiring harness for power windows inside the door on the DX? (w/o power windows) or is it just a waste of time..also if the answer is yes can I use the power window outfit from a 626? there are a lot more, and in better shape...

2) I'm jealous of the people with the oscillating vents. I know they're almost useless (specially so since I dont have functional A/C) but I can get them for $5. Similar to Q1, is the power harness there? or is it going to be a headache..

Maybe we should have a meet there or something, its a great place. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs shit thats hard to find. Its Harry's U-Pull-It, (claimed to be the worlds largest public junkyard) and its off I-81 in Hazleton, PA...they get a lot of people from NY and NJ there or so they say. its like..2 hrs west of NYC, 2 hrs northwest of philadelphia, you get the idea.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dude!! I see a field trip in my future :) Hehe.. To bad I just came from my local junk yard to get like 4 small things for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1. The DX should be wired for power windows, however, you'd need to get the window motor, and everything. Not just the switch. 626s have smaller windows, and their switches are for 4 windows. Not 2 like the MX6.
2. You should hve the wiring harnes for the oscilating vent. Mine burned out, and it was easy to swap in a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts