Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned off my camera today and completely forgot that there were 700 photos on it of the last Hillclimb I officiated at.

SO here are a couple pics of the two most interesting cars there. Yes, that car has 2 engines.

And seeing as I washed my car today I took a couple pics.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Negative camber anyone?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Negative camber anyone?
weaksauce said:
Thats alot of camber! How much? What kind of wheels are those?

its not as much as it looks I think.

camber bolts front and rear.

Last time it was aligned it was 1.75deg front and 0 rear (didnt have the bolts in).
So I think this time its 1.75front and about 1 rear - I didnt actually ask, the place I get alignments done does a lot of race cars and I know the guy well. He just give me the max camber he can get out of the bolts.

Oh and as for the sort of wheels - 17*7 5Zigen Fno1rc's with 225/45's on.
It turns out now I should have got some with less offset - these are 42mm. With camber in the rear and 4WS I noticed today I'm rubbing at full lock and hard cornering.... nothing a hammer cant fix.

competed in a motorkhana today - my gf took 700 photos of the event....So later I will trawl through them and post up some.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...you're basically a champ :):tup:
lol. Well I'll never run spacers, can't afford to get different wheels, would prefer it not to rub (noticed it on the tyre after today)... so hammer it is!

Pics from today - I took a bunch of other cars too but Im too lazy to bother uploading them.

·
Registered
505 Posts
mmmmmm I love mx6's in white!! Its soo good looking! Congrats lol! :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
4 wheel steer would make autocrossing a lot more entertaining!

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Are u running the stock suspension still?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Photo no. 5 is pretty intense. Looks like your riding on the side wall of the tyre ha

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are u running the stock suspension still?
I'm lowered in the front. I've got struts and springs for the back that are MEANT to lower the car but they raised it. So its still stock for the back.
I pulled the suspension from the wreck my ZE came from.

Photo no. 5 is pretty intense. Looks like your riding on the side wall of the tyre ha

my tyre pressures were really low. 24psi front, 20 rear. There was a little tyre roll but getting heat in the tyres was better.

Later on when I used stock wheels and bald tyres on the back it was 24 front, 50 back. Worked well to make the back end a little more unstable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts