Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am sorta new to this page and forum but anyways, I was thinking about getting a MX-6 fully loaded etc..
I just want to know what hte difference is of a LS and RS? Maybe if someone can point me into the direction of a webpage that has this info that would be cool...

also is the car hard to matain and how does it handle in the Toronto winters?

heh a few more questions umm... what is a good price or average price of a 93 MX-6 Fully loaded??

last question, I am 18 and I was just wondering how much you males pay for insurance and if u can tell me ur age so I can get a approximate figure on isurance for the car.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey in regards to insurance....I am a licensed agent here in PA...but I have no clue what it will run up where you are. For me I am 21 - live by Philly (city rates)...have a clean driving record, and pay $1500/year for full coverage...

n8

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Saap!

Welcome to the board....

re: insurance....
I had my license for a less then a year and I started paying at about 250 a month for a 94 LS v6 MTX. then it drpped this year to about 170 a month... clean record... just a new driver.. im 23yrs old...

The RS is the lesser of the models, no roof, no leather and i think the 4cl... whereas the LS is fully loaded v6 w/leather interior... as far as winter is concerned... we had a few crazy storms in Toronto just last winter.. and it being my first winter with this car, really was not bad at all... generally because its front wheel drive, and being a sport/luxury coupe.. its very easy to control your throttle and steering.. granted i had brand new all seasons for the beginning of the winter.. but like i said it was a lot better then i had expected... get the car.. it is excellent
retail book value for the 94 is about 10,000 now.. also depending on milage repairs etc.. dont get the automatic trani, it is known for problems.. and the MTX is excellent

cheers

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I'm in Montreal, clean record for 6 yrs, paying 1800$/year for my '94 LS. (Cheapest I could find) Gonna be looking around again though...

bj

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks man hehe. Yeah I heard Mazda automatics werent that good but the 5 speeds are really excellent. I got one qoute for insurance for about 300/month hehe but I still gotta get my G so hopefully that will lower it like a few bucks. =)

ok a few more things, maintance....

This is my first time really getting into Japanese cars. I am more of a muscle car, sport sedan car.

I was recently deciding about getting a Z34 but then a friend of a friend said a oil change was $200 and i forget why but he said something about moving the engine or someting like that, anyways.

What is a the average oil change cost?
Gas to fill the tank in dollar value?
tune up price approx to get a mechanic to do it?

thanks. I want this car but I just don't know if I can afford it hehe

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
oohohohoho kay

Kusty said:
Ok thanks man hehe. Yeah I heard Mazda automatics werent that good but the 5 speeds are really excellent. I got one qoute for insurance for about 300/month hehe but I still gotta get my G so hopefully that will lower it like a few bucks. =)

ok a few more things, maintance....

This is my first time really getting into Japanese cars. I am more of a muscle car, sport sedan car.

I was recently deciding about getting a Z34 but then a friend of a friend said a oil change was $200 and i forget why but he said something about moving the engine or someting like that, anyways.

What is a the average oil change cost?
Gas to fill the tank in dollar value?
tune up price approx to get a mechanic to do it?

thanks. I want this car but I just don't know if I can afford it hehe

milage/kilometerage (heehee)
I pay about $45.00 a tank of sunoco 94 (best and most expensive) I average about just under 500km a tank (and I drive pretty wildly).. I use regular oil and I get it changed every 3000kms about 15.00 for my mech to do it(new oil and new filter everytime)

as far as a tune-up.. I mean that can consist of many many things..with many varible to consider... just like any other car I guess
300 a month sounds like a lot... I would shop around some more... i guess it also depends on what coverage.. I pretty much dont have anything but theft and liablility.. i have no deductable or comprehensive...
anything else/.?

Cheers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Kusty! I am 18 and live in Ontario as well. I have a clean driving record (and have yet to get my G) and pay about $2300.00 a year (I think, but don't quote me on that) with Zurich Insurance.

Also, just to let you know, LS does not always mean that the car will have leather.

I bought my '93 MTX LS (without leather) in March 2000 for $8300.00 (excluding taxes). My last oil change cost me $28.00.

I think that the MX-6 handled awesome in the winter! I recommend that you get a good set of Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires (they're awesome):smokin:. I just bought some before winter and they cost me $700.00 for the set.

:idea: Also, if you are getting an MTX, check and see whether or not the clutch has been replaced. Mine gave out about a month after I bought it and it cost $800.00 to replace at a Mazda dealer :eek: (but the guy I bought it off of was nice and paid half!):cool:

Anyways, I hope this helps! The MX-6 is an awesome car!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isurance!!

Hey man find out about that insurance that is really good, I got qoutes for 4000 + and 2300 sounds alot better to me!! dude if u can give me all teh details about ur policy and stuff so I can call and see if i can get that exact same qoute or around it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not totally sure about how the policy is set up (my dad did all of that stuff). I am pretty sure that I am actually made into the primary driver on his 1995 Pontiac TranSport, and he is the primary driver on my MX-6 . . . I remember that he once told me that it didn't really make a difference which car I was the primary driver on thought (he said that it would have only been about $100.00 more a year if I was primary on the MX-6 instead of the van).

I will try and find out about the policy for you. It could be higher now, though, because my dad said that the prices had just gone up.

Is there no way that you can get one of your parents to be the primary driver on your car (or does your family already own two cars like mine)? If my dad were primary on my car, it would only cost about $600.00 a year!

Anyways, I'll talk to ya later :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts