Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Just as I was geting the car up to spec.
It's all over again. Another at least 6 month period or more of the mx-6 in storage.

I just got a litlte too happy and frustrated with a NX-R.

OH well, they can wait while I search for some cash to pay them.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
One of those little NX Coupe things? That sucks man :(

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not a gear box

I'm putting the car in storage = No driver = no licence Again

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
sorry to hear rod.

but thats how it goes with these cars, god damn, everytime ive saved up for a mod/repair something else breaks.

when i bought my pod, i copped a bad exhaust manifold leak the following week.

i booked in a full 2.5" exhaust and window tinting to be done the next day, and i blew my diff through my gearbox on the way home.. couldnt even push the mofo to get it done.

when i did the turbo swap, i needed a new clutch and brakes all round, just two or three days later.

and the last one just topped it off.. when i got a new dump pipe fitted the other week, one of my radiator hoses split by the time i got home from the workshop.

.... im currently saving up for either a fe dohc hybrid conversion, or aftermarket management.. and im scared to actually go ahead with either because i dont want to think whats going to go wrong!

oh yeah, got a flat tyre yesterday too.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I didn't undertake the NX-R I would have been behind And doing slower so I would not have been bait for the hidden VX.

He did get the nx-r for 88k's on the radar but didn't pull him over.

Do to the road I was on I could not see him turn around. Also I was gone by the time he caught up it was due to being held up by a ute going at 40k's. Add to that I was just not in my Hood. Sometimes you forget Yes in Lakemba Bansktown Punchbowl Cops don't mind but in these other area's they are all good law obeying citizens.
Add to that it's not my first time around. I seem to add 3 months each time. But the time off will see me looking into some new gear. He was thinking of defecting me, he tried to have a look at the car, but being the sleeper type it is. I know he was shocked in how quickly I disappered form him. If I didn't have friend next to me, my first thought was to turn and start a chase again. worked last time.

Oh well. Each time I mature a little, I cna now see end of next year brake up grade, and probelry new turbo.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny I could do 3 motnhs easy but 9months to say 1 year , I will change back into my hidden hermit ways.
Work WORK WORK spend not money and just eat work and maybe when the gym use to be down the road work out but now I think I'll jsut Work and work out and enjoy no stress of driving.
Mind you my first time round I never did really stop ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ouch man, losing your license sucks...I might be losing mine soon too unless my letters to the cops are successful. Stupid BS redlight cameras that snap you a split second after it stops being yellow :( Will just keep driving though, need to for my work.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i have 16 days left of the 365 sentence of doom
good behavior option here we come

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I've been lucky ... I was travelling up black spur ... I got out the other end heading towards alexandra when cop ****ed me for 36km/h over ... I was sure I was doing more but I slowed down because I thought there was a dead animal in the middle of the road - he just pulled me to the side, gave me a warning and let me off! this was a bit before they started taking your license away - but it was still reckless endangerment ... (in the middle of farm country ... no cars ... no people)

If I did that now, I'd get 12 months license suspension and a community service sentance most likely ... Victoria isn't the place to be anymore because they keep fining people for more and more - might as well live in singapore

They can fine you for 1k over now ... $120 ... considering our speedos have about a +/- 10% ... it's a bit unfair - they put speed traps everywhere, and they have these bastard lights that catch you speeding through intersections ... if you don't speed you geta red light camera instead ... if you go through way too late you get both! What a CROCK!

I reckon someone should oust this gov't before they take our right to change lanes!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
i still have 32 hours of community service left (started with 125) and my good behaviour bond ends on the 18th of june. well, at least i still got to keep my licence (after it had been suspended already for four months). i suppose this was enough incentive for me not to speed (well, that and the judges "threat"). now i choose the time and place instead of just doing it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
i got done for going 95 in a sixty zone (4 lane road each way) should be at least 80 there

and lost 6 points, no suspension (because i have full licence)

had this been victoria (my home) i would have been suspended for 6 moths prob. :D
suck sh!t melb cops. they are on a charging spree.. WATCH OUT!!

im lucky because: when i got pulled over i had victorian licence

six months later i get called to go to court (didn;t pay the fine)
and later i get a notice (in melb) saying that im suspended 4 3 moths, which i later had to"disregard" because i had a queensland licence. so im lucky..

just missed me. :D
@-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts