Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well hello everyone here on the forums, My names Mike and i just perchance a 1993 MX-6 LS with a KLDE engine in it. It has 110,000 miles on it.

It has,

-Full Shogun body kit ground effects and Shogun Spoiler

-17" OZ Volcano Rims wrapped in Yokohama 215/40 ZR 17 tires

-Brembo Slotted and dimple drilled rotors

-Pacesetter headers

-Borla Full 2.5" exhaust with High Flow Cat

-Short shifter

-K&N Air Filter on a Cold Air Intake

-Throttle Body spacer

-Custom paint job, color = Standox Imola Ice

Dash and trim painted same color as the car, to include the CUSTOM trim panel around the 3x 10" Subs behind the back seats

6 channel amp with 4 farad cap in the trunk with custom flush mounted carpet, trunk includes the ESP2 and Epicenter controls

Subs and Amp are ESX, front sound stage and rear deck are JL Audio

------

Okay so i'm new to Mazda i was a Honda and Toyota person b4, i bought this car for 3000 because its in such good condition.

I have about 4000 more to put into other things,,

The car dose need a few little things to make it perfect.. the front sound has stopped working due to wiring problems on the deck so that needs to be fixed.. the door panels need to be re-screwed in and it needs an oil change and new plugs and a tune up..

one thing i saw was that it had a recall on it for wheel hubs or something should i be worried?

and is there anything else i should be worried about right away...

otherwise i have money to pop into the car and was to do ether a reliable turbo where i can get power but would rather not if the engine cant handle it?

also i want to do suspension and struts? anything else i should get ?

·
Registered
939 Posts
i like how the port for the subs comes out of the rear deck like that... very interesting concept.

should def get rid of that spoiler.. and do suspension with better rims... im not a very good at performance but it seems youve got all the bolt ons.. i suppsoe turbo is the next thing to do.

·
Registered
347 Posts
doing a trubo is a big job and you gotta make sure that you know what you are getting yourself into before you do it. also make sure your motor will handle it too. definatly do suspension and some rims. that spoiler needs to go. but besides that its your baby do what you want with it.

thats just my opinion though.... diggin the coor btw..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i deff want to go turbo on this beast.. i want to get my head ported and polished and not sure but i have to do some more resurch on what else i should do the the engine b4 turbo to make it mean.. I also want to know if a can install a msd ignition system in this or is there a different type of system that has a build in 2step launch controller in it,,

and about the spoiler i kinda like it for now gives the car some more attention but i also want to lower it on thos rims..

Things to go

- Fix door lock on passenger side, Lock fell through, think its missing the pin to keep it in place.
- The car stalls out some times by its self, do u think its from the air flow sensor?
- The rear view mirror fell off because the base raddled it off, should i just use super glue? never really had that problem b4 lol

also my horn docent work when the car is turned on? but work when its off lol must be wiring..

other than that the car is mint..

Basically i have like 3500 to do to the car for now..
Mods i want are

Suspension, turbo system a good one only gunna boost it to like 8 unless the car can handle more not sure what it can and cant, ignition launch control system,

I have money just want to make a good build, raaaaahhhh piiisssssstttt rummbum bum um

·
Registered
54 Posts
Car looks great. Yea, I would definitely lose that spoiler, though. They look really lean without it. I think youll dig it. Chef's pic is a perfect reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK well i fixed the doors and the door lock, also fixed the front sound now it sounds so good, still needs a few little things.. i also bought the dynomat for the doors and trunk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice find!! Except for the bookshelf on the back....I have a stock spoiler, and I think it's too big. Enjoy that puppy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
what are those subs, w0 or w1. either way i love JL their subs are the best out there, just dont get me started as to why they are the best just trust me on that. i agree with everyone else loose the spoiler and turbo it, but not before you send me $1000 to fix mine up lol

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Nice find, were here to help and boosting is fun you have the money to do so so if you want to run the DE you can or you can get a ZE its up to you. Both take boost well, the ZE requires better tuning but thats to be expect. Cams will help as well obviously.

Just take some time to look around, ask and watch for those who have been here for awhile to answer. Also Probe Talk is a good source of ref as well.

On a side note I like that center speaker mount a lot. I might just give it a try. (Although it looks like he is using it for air)

·
Registered
86 Posts
jdm headlights lose the spoiler and the system to save weight coilovers maybe 1" then take out passenger seat ac crap and back seats sway bars strut brace and back seat body brace or a turbo instead of the above

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree with the rest, lose the spoiler, its fully detracting from the car.
also, that car just begs to be lowered a little, eibach pros will give you about a 1.5 in the front and a 1.3 in the rear of the car, which will look perfect.

as far as performance, Id listen to the others. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts