Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Found an excellent replacement for my written off MX6.
She's been in storage for the last 10 years. She's only done 500miles since 2007. Full service history with Mazda dealer. 44,000miles, 1996, Silver, black leather interior (immaculate), electric driver's seat, smooth gear change, V6 has no HLA noise and pulls great. Has aftermarket rear parking sensors which is a bit curious.
ElmerFud

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow.. you found a gem she must been brought back form the past. A few things to look out for that power steering suction hose looks kinked, maybe was replaced with another hose as these are discontinued.

Make sure you change the lower insulator for the radiator and the upper brackets with new rubber. I had to improvise cause those are discontinued. You can avoid replacing your radiator after nice pot hole decide to take claim your wallet.

what is great is that she is not leaking oil from the valve which is a plus..

alot of youth.. enjoy..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lovely but one hellava co-incidence after having yours biffed, how did you find such a good one as this?! Lucky begger lol Didn't even know you could get electric seats and those seats look sublime.... Gonna put the body kit on it, or is too damaged?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Lucky you. But steering wheel is on the wrong side !!
Hi all
Found an excellent replacement for my written off MX6.
She's been in storage for the last 10 years. She's only done 500miles since 2007. Full service history with Mazda dealer. 44,000miles, 1996, Silver, black leather interior (immaculate), electric driver's seat, smooth gear change, V6 has no HLA noise and pulls great. Has aftermarket rear parking sensors which is a bit curious.
ElmerFud
..haha..
Sweet... Great find..and Yeah, Lucky you..
Kudos

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting battery box.....
Yeah. I think the battery is too small but it's doing the job at the moment.
Seller told me that cover came with the car.
Elmer

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovely but one hellava co-incidence after having yours biffed, how did you find such a good one as this?! Lucky begger lol Didn't even know you could get electric seats and those seats look sublime.... Gonna put the body kit on it, or is too damaged?
Yeah. It was a great find. Managed to get £500 off the asking price.
I'm in the middle of stripping the other car so if anyone wants any bits.... let me know. Sun roof is going to Queensland AUS and the Valve spring retainers are going to New Zealand so far.
Elmer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts