Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I just purchased my turbo for my 94 four banger. I bought a brand new T3T04E hybird turbo. I talk to a local import shop, and they said I could run 12-14psi off stock internals, Ill tell you how it turns out.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Wahey! :eek: Someone else is turboing 2nd Gen MX-6 too! Nice. Let us see some dyno plots when you get it done. U doing it your self or letting them to do it? I'm doing my own custom setup on my V6 MX-6. I'll let you know what happens with it.
Mici :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to our import guy here in town, he said that I could rum 10=14 psi on stock internals, and would be putting just over 260 hp at the crank, and about 260 lbs, which is bearing close to snap point, but he said that a 300zx limited slip will work even though it is for rear wheel drive.
PEACE OUT

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mmmm...im trying turbo too....good luck...mmmmmmmm...whistles are good.

solar

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ITs not if the stock internal parts will hold it is the matter of getting enough fuel to the added air that the turbo gives is the key to turbo on a 03.

·
Registered
321 Posts
going turbo

Hey if I want to set up a turbo system of my kl03 what should be the first things that I do. I want a small turbo nothing real extreme I just want to have a little more zip out of my car. Any feed back would be very helpful.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
No, you don't want a small turbo. Because, you can have it grab as low as 2500 even with quite large turbo. On Ross's site you'll see how. Both VRIS plates were tied open and I think he had quite big turbo on his PGT. I think 2500 rpm is low enough, eh. You could consider a bit lag as a help when you are launching. With turbo grabbing lower than 2500 - 3000 rpm I think you would have serious problems having a good start. And you would run in heat problems when boosting on upper rpm range. And yes, there WILL be problems with grip when you are boosted.

Just my opinion. I ain't getting a big turbo either but I'm gonna buy a decent size. At least I'm not going to buy too small.

Mici

1 - 8 of 8 Posts