Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it just started with my car like for the past two days. I drive my car and when I get above 3000 rpms my car just dies, then I wait 10 seconds and it starts back up. There are no other problem with the driving except for this problem. The day before this happened there was a snow storm and I got stuck and tried rocking my car out for like 15 minutes, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it but does anyone know what the problem is?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Igniter

Wu said:
Ok it just started with my car like for the past two days. I drive my car and when I get above 3000 rpms my car just dies, then I wait 10 seconds and it starts back up. There are no other problem with the driving except for this problem. The day before this happened there was a snow storm and I got stuck and tried rocking my car out for like 15 minutes, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it but does anyone know what the problem is?
This sounds alot like the "igniter failure" problem. Go to my website and look under "Disty Fix" for a description of the general problem.

G

·
0 Posts
you really should get your sparkplugs and sparkplug wires checked. my car did the same thing, then I got new wires, and it drove with more power than ever.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much do you want for the distributor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts