Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, in the spring (Hopefully) i planning on some modifications, (*just some bolt ons) then if all goes well next winter i might be doing a JDM swap (i think its Ze right)

Anyways here's some of my questions (sorry but im a new 6 owner)

Are the heads the same in the American, and Japanese engines?
Basically if i have head work done, i dont want them to be un-usable if i swap the engine

Are the heads in these cars Aluminum, or cast iron?

Lets say i have a stock exaust, do the Hot Shot headers bolt directly upto my exaust? ( yes i knwo this is a stupid question) why have a stock exaust with headers.... but my next question is part 2

does anyone make a complete Cat back exaust for these cars, or do i have to have a shop make somethign up? I prefer Mandrel bent.

I've been checking the banner sites on this site, and dont beleive i found a catback, just mufflers, or if they did offer cat back, they have aweful tips like 3" or bigger.

Finally, and i know this is not perforamnce wise and doesnt really fit into my other mods, but i was wondering about the Angel Eye headlights/Halo lights or whatever there known as...
Basically, how much work is involved to wire these 2 lamp system lights to my 1 lamp system car? does that make sence? the halo have high and lows seperate, and stock is 1 bulb...
hope that makes sence..

Thank you, and ANY help is much appreciated.

so many ideas, not enough time.. or cash.. one of those Hahaha

Click Here if you want to see my car

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's some words

Well if you search hard enough all these answers are on here, however I'm bored so I'll do you a favor.

The heads on the KLDE differ from the KLZE. The J-Spec uses rectangular intake ports whereas the A-spec use eliptical ports.

The Heads are Aluminum

The best set up for exhaust is Hotshot headers (which do bolt up to the OE exhaust) Combine those headers with a Borla Cat-Back System and thats about the best you can do. Forget tips, they are ghetto.

can't help you with the lights, but Angel Eyes are great from what I've heard

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
in addition to the KLZE(jdm) heads having rectangle ports, they also have a 1 mm bigger intake valve and have bigger HLAs iirc 33mm instead of 30mm.

and yes both heads are aluminum. and are interchangable with exeption to the EGR system, but its not nessesary......

with the headlights, im not completely sure as i went with a civic halo projector conversion, but the headlights i bought, had all the wires needed to change it from one bulb, to two, if it doesnt you could still wire it in to the stock harness by splicing some wires or better yet use relays....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks ..
Aussomea: just out of curiosity, do you have a pic of your headlights? i think i have seen the Civic headlights on the MX6, but cant rememebr what they look like..

Thanks.

ficonet : i agree with the tips, i just want something to stick out hte back that looks close to stock... (i dont know if mines stock or not) but it has 2 tips, not large or anything.. the exaust was replaced when i bought it, (about a month ago) so i would like somethign to look like that.. but i'll look into that stuff in spring i guess...

So basically what im getting is, it's not really worth building up a KLDE set of heads, if i plan on swaping the engine .. i'll just wait.

Thanks to both of you for your help...

if anyone else reads this and knows anything about the angel eye headlights please feel free to answer still. ;)
Maybe there's a site with technical drawing or wiring diagram fot he lights?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
slayer uve got mail.

if i were to spend the money again and have the choice of halo pods, civic projectors, or jspecs...... id spend the extra money on the jspecs :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts