Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbour had this MX6 from new but had a stroke 14 years ago and it never moved from his garage. I bought it off him and had to drag it out as all wheels were flat and locked up. Clutch didn’t work and petrol was red with rust and exhaust system had burst its seams. It has 35,000 miles on the clock but the interior was perfect but mould under carpets.
Biggest problem I had was misfiring when turning. Changed out petrol pump and filters. Cleaned tank and fresh petrol.
What a great car it is now.
B25D2FB1-E8F5-4020-83D2-8054985A5AFF.jpeg

·
Registered
208 Posts
My goodness. Looks like it came right out of the 1993 Mazda commercial, where one was put away in a bottle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any MX6 owners go to meetings in UK / North West?
I’ve been to Oulton Park But don’t see any Mazdas

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
88 Posts
My neighbour had this MX6 from new but had a stroke 14 years ago and it never moved from his garage. I bought it off him and had to drag it out as all wheels were flat and locked up. Clutch didn’t work and petrol was red with rust and exhaust system had burst its seams. It has 35,000 miles on the clock but the interior was perfect but mould under carpets.
Biggest problem I had was misfiring when turning. Changed out petrol pump and filters. Cleaned tank and fresh petrol.
What a great car it is now.
View attachment 13751
WOW! You're kidding me!! That's an awesome barn find!
Nice work on rescuing it. It's cool that your neighbour may still get to see it every now and again cruising past.
ZOOM ZOOM!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful survivor,
I was trying to find how many Probe Gt was still registered in America, found was only 343 in all of the UK, have to imagine there is even less of the MX-6.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts