Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm from Adelaide and I just bought a 1989 Turbo MX6.
I've been a Mazda fan for years, have owned a couple of rotarys, but I'm just madly in love with my new car.

I'll be looking to spend some cash on it, and improve everything I can!
Hopefully see some of you around :D

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Hello there and welcome!

I am from Adelaide also.

I own 2 Hatch's, which are just 4 door variants of the MX6 (same engine etc.)

That car looks familiar..... Does it have any mods?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Welcome aboard....

Looks a pretty tidy ride...no spoiler tho ? I thought all MX6's had them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
Its fairly standard except for a big exhaust, blow off valve, boost controller and gauges and I'm glad of that, I'd rather do anything particularly tricky myself!
The lack of spoiler was a big selling point, I think it has great lines...
I've been driving it every chance I get for the last couple days, it turns a few heads!
Boxing day I'm going to take it for a country cruise, see how it goes out of the city and on some long bare stretches.

tx5turbo, it may be familiar, I got it from a guy out near Parafield...

I'm looking forward to having a bit of a cruise round this forum, get some ideas for some mods.. I sold a much more expensive car to get this and its left me with a fair bit of leftover cash for playing with...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey and welcome!

I'm from Sa and own a 2ndgen tx5
but your 1st gen mx6 looks very clean and i love those rims!

Hopefully some time this year we might have a cruise *hinthint*

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey missE
i had a good look at this car and was actually going to buy it before you offered the bloke a better price! there are a few problems that i encountered that you may or may not know about. I looked at it the first day it was advertised and the water pump was leaking very badly. on the second inspection he put a bottle of radiator stop leak into it to stop the leak, he actually told me this. Thats the most major one, but theres a few more little things that need attention, i can pm them or post them here if you want

Have fun with the car!
Raul

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Ok water pumps arent that expensive, so thats not a catastrophie. I think that is either Encore or 000mx6's car. Although I thought 000mx6 was a Gd1022.

It could be another altogether!

Good Luck with it :)

PS. If you go into the A and Z lounge, there is a SA Chat Thread which we talk on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey missE
i had a good look at this car and was actually going to buy it before you offered the bloke a better price! there are a few problems that i encountered that you may or may not know about. I looked at it the first day it was advertised and the water pump was leaking very badly. on the second inspection he put a bottle of radiator stop leak into it to stop the leak, he actually told me this. Thats the most major one, but theres a few more little things that need attention, i can pm them or post them here if you want

Have fun with the car!
Raul
ohhh thanks for that, id really appreciate a PM! i know that the rocker cover gasket and exhast manifold gasket need doing, thats an afternoon. it crunches a little into second but that will keep. the aircon is a little dodgy, getting that looked at next week..

but the water pump i didnt notice, ill definately check that out and id love to hear what else you noticed! thanks!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I want my MX6 back :(

·
Registered
433 Posts
your gonna need that cash to modify it too, everything will need to be custom, but hey at least your not just buying a "enter bolt on mod here" for your fully sick skyline......have fun with it

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Her car is a 1022!

How do you know. Look close at the rear tails - look like Gd1021 to me
colour also is a tad duller than the 1022 white which you should be familiar with.
Alos note Chorme trim= definate 1021 feature and feature of auto moslty 1022 4Ws.

only way to tell is by chassi number

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts