Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 94 MX6 for the winter and I'm having a few problems with it...

1. When I accelerate hard, it feels like the engine sputters.

2. It has problems to start when it's like -5 or -6 outside (I live in Canada).

3. The engine temperature is unstable (sometimes over half and sometimes below half)

Please give me a few pointers so I know what to fix. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi and welcome ..

Does the Check Engine Light illuminate at all when driving ? Also use this link to check for any error codes logged by the ECU ... check ECU Codes .. Any you find post back.

Check the condition of the plugs and leads, considering the weather, these need to be in good shape.

Also feel free to drop into the Canadian section and say hi too.

Oddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome ..

Does the Check Engine Light illuminate at all when driving ? Also use this link to check for any error codes logged by the ECU ... check ECU Codes .. Any you find post back.

Check the condition of the plugs and leads, considering the weather, these need to be in good shape.

Also feel free to drop into the Canadian section and say hi too.

Oddy.
Thanx for the reply, Oddy. The check engine light does not come on while driving. I'll check the error codes and let you know. The spark plugs were replaced this year so they should be in good condition. I don't really know what leads are......

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Leads as in spark plug leads, std or cheap copies only last about 50-60k or less depepnding on weather conditions. I would look into possibly changing these if you do not know how old they are or look aged.

Let me know of any codes you find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leads as in spark plug leads, std or cheap copies only last about 50-60k or less depepnding on weather conditions. I would look into possibly changing these if you do not know how old they are or look aged.

Let me know of any codes you find.

Thanx, Oddy. I'll let my mechanic check out the spark plugs.

BTW.... I was wondering if you know... if I change my air filter on my Mazdaspeed 3 to a K&N cold air intake, would I really get like 25 hp more?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts