Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago my car (4ws) handled really good - or so I thought. I had noticed that the ride stance did seem a little 4x4-ish but was still content as I knew it drove well. Today, I can barely fit two fingers between my tire and my 1/4 panal and the car handles like it is on rails. Just awesome.
I had heard previous complaints about the Intrax setup which, in phrase, suggested I would lose all of my "ride quality" This statement was false. Shure it's a little stiff but that's what it's all about. Yet in no way way it it excessively stiff.
In any event - anybody looking for a killer suspension mod - do this - use Intrax.

·
Registered
512 Posts
DAMN!!!! I was told that the Eibach Pro kit was stiffer then the intrax!!! I kinda wish I would have ordered those instead. I wonder if the Intrax springs are TOO low or [email protected]

·
Registered
280 Posts
im an intrax person too! after i put those bad boys on my car was pahater than ever...the ride is unbelivable. i have an extra set for a 1st gen if anyone is interested. i bought them for like 210 or so and i will let them go for $180. i bought 2 sets one for my 89 GT in which is my baby and for my other 89 GT in which i dont drive...yet. so let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have intrax springs and the car looks great compare to what it look like before. They also handle great. Later on i will post pics. of my ride.})

·
Registered
270 Posts
What kind of struts are you guys using with those Intrax? I'm using the KYB-GR-2's, while better than the stockers they still really SUCK!! I personally think that the Intrax are too soft for anything other than glass smooth pavement. Out here in Kansas the road conditions aren't good enough for soft springs without enough suspension travel. Oh well, soon I'll try out those Tokico Blues and see what cthey do:)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Wayman, did you ever have a chance to run stock AAS struts when they were new or anywhere up to about 50k? IMHO are really good and quite a bit better than the KYB-GR-2's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Won't intrax springs force me to buy a camber kit for my car?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the stock shocks with AAS system and plan on replacing them with the same shock from ford parts. I want to lower my car also. Since the subject is being discussed, what springs are best for use with AAS system shocks and will I have to buy camber plates when I lower my car?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Eibach Pro kit, Sprint or H&R's if you can find them work best with the stock AAS struts. If you car is a 88 or 89 then you will also need to by and install the rear bottom spring pads as those years didn't use them. (they came on the 90+ years)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mani, how much lower will the springs you suggested lower the my 6 and will I sacrifice ride quality. The roads can get a little rough in some areas around here. One more thing, am I right by saying the front of mx6's are higher than the rear or do I need glasses? If this is the case, how much lower in the front and how much in the rear? I planning on mounting 17's on my car in the future.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i luv my intrax & tokico's. the only thing i have found out with them is that the front end sits real low. other than that the ride quality is fine, if you like a stiff ride. i would not recommend changing the springs if you dont change the struts. bad struts and new springs-----dangerous.

·
Registered
38 Posts
intrax springs for my ride

I would say that intrax is the best way to go. I have Intrax springs which gave me a 1" 1/2 drop. The struts of choice was the KYB gas struts. I have had no problems with the mod since it was put on 6 months ago. I love the way the handling tightened up and the ride is much better than stock. I also have 16x8 Ronal five point rims on my car so the offset widens the stance quite a bit.
BTY I need info from somebody about what parts I can put on the engine for performance upgrades. Need the company names

1 - 13 of 13 Posts