Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my god what bich that was. took me almost 3 hours (it would have taken about two put i fried the main fuse and had to drive over to pep boys and get a new 1) Car now idles lower and seems more responsive, I hope it will fix my gas millage problem, been gettin abot 19mpg, I just like to give a huge thanx to Goatcrap, I dug up at how to he wrote on it and w/ o it i never would been able to get that thing out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
tip on removing/installing fuel filter

When removing the fuel filter (at least on 2G 6cyl) remove the left front wheel, then remove the few screws/nuts that attach the wheel well "wall" and you'll see the bottom of the fuel filter to detach/attach the hose. To get to the top of the filter, remove the stock airbox (and while you've got it out you might as well put on a cold air intake.)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that how i did it but i left the wheel on(just turned to the left all the way.) It took me so long cause a bunch of little things kept goin wrong (like the blown fuse)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Nivram said:
How the feck did you blow a fuse changing the fuel [email protected]
My guess would be touched the wrong batt terminal when hooking the battery back up. That fuel filter is not the easiest though. Definitely a solid hour job.

Luckily, its not the hardest :)
-Garrett

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep thats almost exactly how it. touched my socket wrench too a terminal and bang gave my self a little jolt and light show too;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.