Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 MX-6 LS V6. It has all of the goodies. Leather, sunroof, fog lights, allow wheels, power everything, and the best color of all, dark green. My problem is that I just got into an accident. I have only had the car a monthe. Somebody ran a red light and I T-Boned them at 45 mph. The estimate was just done today. $6,700.00. WOW! However, since the accident was the other parties fault, it is up to me to fix it or not. Should I have it totaled and prey I find another like mine? I have only seen one just like it in a month! So my hopes are not too good. Or should I have it fixed and try to upgrade at the same time? Is it possible to upgrade at nearly the same price to return to stock? Maybe E-spec lights and a hood. I have three days to decide. This is the best place I thought to ask advice...

Thanking everyone in advance,

Rob

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well if you got it totalled and get that amount. Talk to some other mechanics who do it cheaper, have it fixed and spend rest of mods or something pretty stuff.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Upgrade. Find a mechanic who's willing to fix it up with aftermarket parts, and go with him make sure you frame is straightened correctly! then upgrade everything, Spiral CV boot kit, self lubricating! $65 301.990.8783, Upgrade the brakes, RR-racing.com or hyedracyl.com, klze jspec engine, lightened fly wheel, clutch, Espec lights, etc etc.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but......

Even though there is almost 7 thousand dollars worth of damage, nothing mechanically was injured! That estimate was for just body work. I drove the car home from the wreck, but the air bag sensors shut off the car the next day. It hasn't cranked since.....

thanks anyway, though.....

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts