Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy a K&N air filter for my car. I was just wondering how much HorsePower it adds. Cause i have heard many different munbers. I know there is a custom air filter for the MX-6 and Probe. I heard it adds 10hp. But that sounds really wrong

G

·
INTAKE HP

Super MX6 said:
I wanted to buy a K&N air filter for my car. I was just wondering how much HorsePower it adds. Cause i have heard many different munbers. I know there is a custom air filter for the MX-6 and Probe. I heard it adds 10hp. But that sounds reallyQUOTE]

THE most even the best design intake is going to add is 5 at the wheel. e-mail me for instructions on how to make your own for $50

·
Registered
48 Posts
intake plans

Can you send me the plans for the intake

G

·
K&N filter

Just added a regular $40 K&N filter (in stock airbox) replacing a FILTHY paper one and noticed NO DIFFERENCE (at least seat of the pants). I guess the problem is restriction due to the factory's intake plumbing and not flow through the filter itself, but I'd be interested in what others had to say. Cold weather and removing those 2 thin pieces of plastic ahead of the factory's air intake under the hood (they obstruct air entry from beneath the car) make a much bigger difference.

Has anyone cut a hole in the hood ahead of the factory air intake? This seems like an easy way to get cold ram air (if you happen to be doing a repaint at the same time).

G

·
its cause your car is still sucking up hot engine air...go to home depot and get some pvc and make a cold air intake to get cold air from under the car.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No matter what intake you have, you're not gonna get a lot of HP unless you have the entire setup. What you ideally need is :

-Cold air intake
-Aftermarket Headers
-High flow cat
-Cat back exhaust

If you have all these...then you're looking at some healthy HP.... Then do some internal engine work.... Dyno it and reprogram the CPU according to YOUR mods and you're done...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts