Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I was just wondering. Many people have a airfilter system in which, there is a stainless steel piping with a Cone filter attached to it. Can I get something like this for my 93 MX-6 4-Cyl?? AND, would it make that much difference? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright! Thanks alot. I had NO idea that I could get anything for it. I was looking at yer pics and You I guess made your exaust yourself! Why did you choose to do that over buying an actually kit? Is the performance about equal! (nice car by the way. Love the tail lights, and the clear side markers!)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey.. thanks.. first of all though, do you mean my intake? If so, the reason I stuck with the stock intake to grab the air and just added a ractive filter was because I have an automatic, and on automatic mx6/probes there isn't really enough room to go down like other intakes do. I hear there is a new hotshot ATX cold air intake, if you do have an auto. If you mean my exhaust, well I don't have one, all I have is a chrome tip onto the stock exhaust. If you have MTX you can use the ABS pipe method to go down to the splashguard like retail intakes (i think the ABS pipe method ends up costing around $20 bucks without the filter?) or you can just buy a hotshot or PRM cold air intake, not sure how much they cost.. Look on probetalk.com because there are people on there that are a lot more knowledged than me, and there are people on this board too but it doesn't look like they're going to post anything anytime soon.. later

jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.