Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the ability to see who gave/took karma. This change is in hopes of encourgaing people to use the system and not abuse it.

Moderators and Admins can still see who left karma. This is so that they are not unnecessarily abused since they often have to take action that is not appreciated.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Arkaine said:
beautiful, I was just about to make a post asking for this..
I already did that. ;) Saturday afternoon.

I'm glad. :)

Reactions: Trent

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
did you mean, they CAN state them? :p yeah, i'm okay with the anonymity. causes less problems.

Reactions: skiingman and Rick

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
click on user PC at the top of the page and its in there.. but you cant see who did it anymore... just if it was negative or positive and from whicih thread.. and sometimes there is a comment

K

·
0 Posts
Lol, just noticed imagoon on the reputation list... funny stuff! It's amazing how that guy racked up soooo much karma during his first day registered! Wouldn't it be interesting to see who gave all that karma to him?? :p

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Katdances said:
Lol, just noticed imagoon on the reputation list... funny stuff! It's amazing how that guy racked up soooo much karma during his first day registered! Wouldn't it be interesting to see who gave all that karma to him?? :p

I've got a craaaaaaazzy feeling that imagoon is the same person as Imagoonmx6...and apprently just did something for a test.

On a side note, I mentioned this in the lounge Sean, but I think we should make it so you have to put a comment in the comment box when giving karma...if it's possible

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I agree with Chris. I have gotten a commentless one or two and would have liked to have known what they were about.

EDIT: Now I definitely advocate it, I got negative, commentless karma for a lovingly joking comment I made to Kat. I would really like to know why someone felt I deserved bad karma for that.

K

·
0 Posts
Boise89GT said:
I got negative, commentless karma for a lovingly joking comment I made to Kat. I would really like to know why someone felt I deserved bad karma for that.
I'd like to know why too. I'm beginning to think people don't really understand the motives behind the karma system. I receive karma for dumb things like "i like your avatar" but then don't receive anything for posts like this. I really don't follow the logic there.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Or writing a dozen long FAQs, or say, getting there back for what is so far about 20 members. Nearly half of my karma came from Sean.

It's not fair, but what are you going to do about it? :shrug:

Reactions: baughb'smx6
K

·
0 Posts
RickBusarow said:
Or writing a dozen long FAQs, or say, getting there back for what is so far about 20 members. Nearly half of my karma came from Sean.

It's not fair, but what are you going to do about it? :shrug:
I didn't realize half of yours came from Sean. I don't think I've received any from him, but then I haven't made contributions to the board as a whole like you have. I'm not suggesting we "do" anything about the way karma is working, for now. I was just trying to let Kyle know that it's not necessarily something personal, but perhaps more a misunderstanding of the purpose of the system by many members.

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Oh, I know. I was agreeing with you, then voicing my resignation from caring. :)

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decreased my karmic power because it was too high. It tagged people too hard when I gave them bad karma.

The karma system will level out at some point. It is just crazy now because it is new.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
watching the two of you tiptoe around eachother is highly amusing ;) "there is no room for humor.. only borg" :D

scooby, what you said reminds me of the game black and white- when i first started playing i would accidentally squish my subjects with my giant hand... oops.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hated that game, I tried and tried to be a good God, but the incessant "worshipers are hungry" just got to me, so I ate them all, then tried some peasant bowling and some peasant boomerang.
I liked being a bad God much more. :E

1 - 20 of 50 Posts