Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I thought that I kept frying the 15A fuse for my tail lights/dash lights because my amp wasn't properly grounded, but I grounded it, and replaced the 15 fuse, turned on the headlights, and it blew again! Could I have a short somewhere? What is the easiest way to find out? What other problems could I possibly have? I was at a bowling alley the other day, and on my way out, there was a cop in the parking lot who pulled me over for it before I even got out of th elot :/ I talked him into believing that I thought that I fixed it, but it blew again, so he let me go, and told me to leave my emergency lights on all the way home. lol, as soon as I got ou tof the lot, I turned 'em off, because the noise is annoying, and street I take is empty all day long. So, there was no danger, and no worries. But I can't see anything on my dash at night time, and it's becoming increasingly annoying. I need to get this fixed. If anyone knows what's up, that owuld be great. Thanks.

-brandoN^-

Reactions: Brian3

·
Registered
801 Posts
why is it blowing the fuse for the taillights? the amp should have nothing to do with the taillights unless they are for some reason wired into the taillights (but why?) the amp needs to be hooked up to the the remote on the h/u and its power should be coming directly from the battery. maybe try grounding in a different place?

Reactions: brandoN^-

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have a cable running from the amp in the trunk through the firewall, and directly to the battery. The thing is, I didn't properly have my amp grounded for quite a while.

I now have my amp grounded to a screw that holds down my backseat. I unscrewed it, wrapped it around the screw, and screwed it back in. Amp works great, and no problems with the sub. But everytime I put in a new 15A, it blows as soon as I turn on the headlights. It will stay good until the second I turn the headlights on. I just don't get it!

Has anyone had this problem, and solved it? Anyone? Bump for help! :D

Karma up the butt to whoever can help me and Josh with this! PLEASE!

-brandoN^-

Reactions: joshman223

·
Registered
381 Posts
try puttin in a little bigger fuse and see if it still pops... if it does then you have a short in your headlight lines or something wired wrong with them.. did u swap out your headlights or somthing and messed with wireing???

·
Registered
207 Posts
i had that problem to i changed the lamp relay in my trunk on the left side behind the carpet and fixed my wireing that the dude i got the car from cut, then i had to put a stock wireing harness then a deck harness for my system because the idiot cut out the sock one and mashed all the wires together and then it stoped blowing the fuses i think something is grounding out that shouldnt be if you have a aftermarket deck check the wirering on that

Reactions: brandoN^-

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
what headlights/turn signal lights are you using. if you're using lights that are too powerful, you're going to just continue blowing the fuse's. i had the same problem when i had hid's hooked up to my angel eyes. another way they can keep blowing is if the wires connected to the headlights are touching. (not the rubber coating, but if the actual wires are exposed to each other). also, is there any water making its way into your hood cuz that can blow your fuses as well even if they are under the fuse box cover. also try using a bigger fuse although i don't think that will help to tell you the honest truth. i hope that helped if not, sorry. best of luck buddy. -jason-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts