Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 29 and have a stock '96 M Edition w/5spd. I still can't believe this, but I had two stop light races with a guy in his 40s driving a 5.0 Mustang GT (about an '89-'90). I jokingly put my foot down a bit but didn't seriously want to race until he gave me the thumbs up. We raced from 0-50 at the first light, then out of town from 0-75. I was exactly even with him from 0-50 and during the second race too, until about 70 where his third gear had a little more torque and he pulled ahead just a little bit. We were both smiling at this point and gave each other a knod as he turned off. I easily took a 240SX off the line, so I guess this race shouldn't have been toooo surprising.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yaaa...

Good race! Yeah, that surprised me too... when I first got my car I had a Hotshot intake on it in about two weeks. A while after that I go into a race with what appeared to be a stock 5.0 and kept up fine. It's a very happy feeling since the engine is exactly TWICE as big. =)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah sometimes I forget that our cars can put out some power. Its good to say that we can keep up with some muscle cars!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 point slow

my brother has a 93 Mustang GT atx, i have a 94 PGT 5-speed, do you guys think i can take him? his car is stock and i have intake/exhuast. He talks so much shit about my car its not even funny, but then again i talk about his too ;) he never wants to race me though, maybe he is scared of my little 2.5 v6 :p

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ProbeGT vs. 93 Mustang GT? Should be Good...

That would be an interesting race. The stock Probe GT is a little lighter than the 2800lb MX-6 LS, although I can't recall how much lighter. As long as you've got a 5spd, I think you may be able to pull ahead slightly. The 5.0GT I raced had a 5spd and the shift points were identical to our cars. I think you'll have a victory here, but why don't you talk him into racing and then tell us?? ;-)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5 point slower

Heh, im always instigating (sp?) a race with him but he never bites. I verbally abuse his car as much as i can when ever i get the chance but he still wont give in. He's always saying how "fast" his car is, then all i say is "bring it" ;) i'll mention a race tomorrow and see if he's game. later ;)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Mustangs aren't all that they are cracked up to be, and the owners usually think they are God's gift to the road... my friend had a 89 5.0 standard, faster than your average car, but he did get smoked a lot...eventually daddy bought him a 1990 5.0 convertible after the crashed the old one, it was an automatic, and my god it was slow....i doubt my mx6 could keep up with it, but my friend wasted him with his Z24 Cavalier....that shut him up :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts