Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need to buy 2 actuators to have keyless entry? And could it unlock both doors at once? Do the power locks do that anyway(factory)?
About the keyless entry, can you just integrate it into an alarm system that supports it with buying the actuator(s) and installing it(them)? What other parts would I have to buy when adding keyless entry?

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
you only need one actuator on the drivers side. the problem with installing an alarm system with keyless entry is that whenever you unlock the doors it sets off the stock alarm. So you are going to have to disable it. I think there is just a wire you have to cut to do this but I'm not sure where it is. maybe someone else can help you. As for the parts needed, I think all you need is the alarm and the actuator. you may also need a relay but whoever you buy it from should be able to tell you if the alarm needs one or not. The place I car audio place I went to to get mine installed didn't know what they were doing and it took the installer about 6 or 7 hours to get it all working. talk about a long wait. I also got a motion detector along with keyless entry. I think his biggest problem was figuring out how to disable the stock alarm. anyways, hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning on disabling the stock alarm...it would cause problems, and I hate alarms that use the horn.
If anyone knows how to disable the alarm, or where it is, that would be great. I didn't even look yet, but I'd just find the brain and cut all the wires.

So just having the 1 actuator will allow you to unlock both doors at once? Does the power lock/unlock switch do both doors? ( I don't have the car yet =P)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm getting a keyless entry system installed on friday... They just install the system to the solenoid on the left hand door look since the right one is connected to it stock. The stock system keeps working as before. I dont think you need anything else but the little box and the remote...

I'm also getting an alarm and a keyless starter... Can't wait for winter to come... I will finally stop freezing my ass off!!!:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
when I got mine installed the guy asked me if I had power door locks and I said "yes", well a few minutes later he come back up front and says "I thought you said you had power door locks", and I said "I do", and he says no you don't... at least not the kind that can be used with keyless entry.... so I had to buy and actuator to physically move the thing inside my door.

do a search on keyless entry and you should be able to find something. I remember reading a post where someone described in detail how to disable the stock alarm. good luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keyless Entry That Still Uses Stock Alarm

I finished installing a keyless entry system last night, and the factory alarm still works. I just attached the horn output wire from the keyless entry to the alarm wire (yellow with a red stripe) in the door and now when I unlock with the remote, the factory alarm will disarm itself. The horn doesn't chirp since I used the horn wire to disarm the alarm but the lights still flash. You could probably splice into the wire going from the keyless entry to the alarm wire and attach it to the stock horn. Good luck! If all else fails, the easiest way to disarm the stock alarm is to take off the hood latch, disconnet the connector attached to it, and then reinstall the hood latch. This makes the alarm think that the hood is open and as you probably know, the alarm will not arm itself if the hood or the trunk is open. - Andrew

·
Registered
154 Posts
Time to bring an old message thread back up to resurface. :) I plan on doing keyless entry myself, I bought the actuator, and the receiver/transmitter. I understand how to install the actuator, but I am still fuzzy on the alarm system conflict and exactly how the receiver is installed. If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be GREATLY appretiated. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ok stock alarm has to be disabled for sure as i had a keyless entry installed and i didnt realize it would have to be as it was wired through sometimes it would work others it would trigger and go off but after realizing it was the stock alarm took it back and problem was fixed in a few minutes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Will I basically be getting rid of all my security then if I do that? So basically I have to buy another alarm if I do this?

·
Registered
212 Posts
to install a actuator in the drivers door the only spot to put it is towards the rear by the lock cylinder because of the way our door panels curve in.you have to run two wires inside the door - easier said than done because our cars have molex connectors - you can drill a small hole in the top hand right corner of the connector to fit 2 wires.you need 2 relays - one for unlock and one for lock - unless your alarm has built in ones. Cliffords website has diagrams for most cars door schemes.

·
Registered
413 Posts
how much did that cost?

so anyone can give me a rough estimate of thecost for accurator and the keyless entry?
do those guys in the audio shop install them for ya?
I am not so wiring-wise.......
BTW, any good suggestion to get my sys. done in southern cali.?
I am just a college student...therefore, not much money...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts