Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i raced a Porsche 944 (non turbo). We started the race at around 35 mph and by the time i reached 70 mph i was over a car lenght in front of him. Heh heh now i get to tell my friends i beat a porsche. :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
i almost bought one of those for 3 grand about a year ago. it was beat! im glad i have my mazda :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
For some reason I dont think the porsche put it all on ya if you only reached 70mph. Maybe he was worried about a ticket or something but I doubt that he really tried too hard. Sorry man.

·
Registered
135 Posts
in regards to the last post: to my knowledge, the normally aspirated 944 was equipped with a 3.0 liter horizontally opposed 4 cylinder. i came close to buying a 1986 944 about a year ago. i test drove it and was not impressed. it may have been due to the condition of the car, but it was really slow. i mean i can honestly say my 2.0 could beat it easily. one thing i will say in this car's defense: this thing handled better than anything i have ever driven. it took turns like you wouldn't believe. by the way... the normally aspirated 944 is one thing, but i would be pretty willing to bet that a 944 turbo would be a lot tougher than the base model!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My uncle has one of those cars and they are a joke. Porsche was trying to make a car a little more mainsteam that they could build in large amounts and keep they price down so people could afford it. It is not that bad of car , but by porsche standards it is really bad.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't doubt it. A guy at work has one, I took him out easily. I didn't even thing hee was racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.