Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm installing a kill switch and before i do it i want to make sure its right. right above the clutch pedal is a little button that pops out, the button is hooked into a little box. at the back of the box are two wires that run out of it. what i do is cut one wire and put a switch in the middle of it correct?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Uh No. That's is the clutch switch wire. If you want to do a kill switch you need to find the thick 10-ga wires running from the ignition key and cut either the starter wire or the main ignition wire. Cutting the starter wire will make it so the engine cannot crank over, cutting the ignition wire will let the car crack over but it will not run.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot, do you happen to know what color either of those wires are or how do i tell which is which?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't remember the colors off hand but you can test them with a multimeter set to DC voltage. The starter wire will only show voltage when the engine is actually cranking, and if cut the car will not crank at all. The ignition wire will show voltage in the 'on' position and the 'start' position of the key. It must how voltage in both positions otherwise it won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts