Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh yeah last week, it was me and a taurus SHO sitting at a stop light he new i wanted to race, i have a 93 v6, it turned green and we were off ok lets get real he was with me for about 8 seconds and i smoked him i think he was impressed or else pissed.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cool man we need to always show up the people that dont know what a mx6 is, i always hear, "what is that" i usually say viper if they stupid enough haha lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah man

i know it, know body knows what they are, probly because they stopped making them in 97 but, if they made a 2001 everyone would want one. we are the licky ones who do know what they are, and whenever some ones sees it they turn there head to find out what kind of car it is.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: yeah man

Don't try that too much, the gen 2 SHO's would have taken you (with 235HP V8 off the floor no mods). The gen 3 should have BARELY taken you.. unless you have mods. If you have a 4cyl, they had a blown motor.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: yeah man

it was not a new one, probaly a 93 or so

·
Registered
379 Posts
Actually, Manny, the second-gen SHOs were slower than the first gens with the Yamaha V6 (thank the increased porkiness of the second generation Taurus platform). That's kinda why Ford dropped the SHO option :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is easy to call an automatic slow when you are comparing it to a peppy stick...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm not shittin', dude, all the cars mags tested the 2nd gen V8 SHO as slower than the V6 first-gen SHO. I think the difference was about 3 or 4 tenths of a second in the 0-60 run, althouhg it's been a while...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts