Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Really,

Okay....so I saw this guy who owns this Beetle....he was at Canadian Tire....looking at fog lights....anyway, he didn't remember me..however, I asked him what he was running in that beetle....he said he's got about 445HP out of the thing....(with NITRO) and said the reason it's so fast is because he's gutted the thing. There not even a passenger seat. He's getting a new roll bar setup which is made from Aluminium insted of the steel bars he's got on it now...which will further Lighten the car. It's been converted to Rear Wheel drive...and has a very stiff suspension system. I don't know what this guy does for a living but, he's got money to spend on it. I didn't ask what kind of engine he had however, 445HP with the help of Nitro Boosters...can this be true????

Little Bastard,
P.S
For any WINNIPEG Drivers, it's an ORANGE beetle....with a big "VW" sticker on the back. This thing is dangerous. Don't race it!

P.S.S
He told me he was driving home from his friends house the night I tried to race him....he hollowed out the back so he could put "Viper" sized tires on it. Apperently they are big tires! How much would all this cost him do you think?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Who knows,

God....who knows...i wish i would have talked to him more. Seemed like an okay guy. He's older....he probly knows a ton about cars....( should pay him to do something with mine!)

Little Bastard,

· Registered
385 Posts
V8 Bug

Just to let you know, here in the great Motor Capital of the world we Michigan people have a motto, there has to be a bigger engine that will fit in there.. I personally have seen a little VW bug with a Ford 289 in it.. That is a pre-generation 5.0 for all you non-gear heads.. The guy had to weld a skid plate on the bottom cause the car would want to bumper drag on take off.. But I will tell you this, that little sucker would haul some serious booty.. Also want to hear something sick, try seeing a Chevy Vega witha 454 in it once... Damn think looks like a hydroplane boat fromt he rear.... LOL

· Registered
385 Posts
Apollo, you think that is nuts, try seeing a Chevy Chevette with a 454 once... That is totally insane... They put 3/4 ton truck springs and shocks on the front of the car like they do with the Vega... But still has tons of firewall and inner fender removal done... Like I say, here in Michigan that is what alot of gearheads do... They always want to cram some huge motor into a car that is in no way made for it.. LOL Oh, just to let ya know, they have to re-do the whole frame on the car in order to handle all that power, lots of frame rail supports all underneath..

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You probly won't see it anymore on the streets! It's totally not street legal! He said he was coming back from somewhere where he had work done to it! I guess he didn't have anyone to tow it for him! It was absolutely crazy though! I'm sure it'll make some sort of news!
I'll have to try and find out where he races it! I have seen him one time since at a wall mart!
I'll for sure let you know if/when I find out!
Later,

G

·
Red Stick

If you ever see that bug again ask him if he got that thing in Louisiana. There is a family here that used to have about 7 bugs all painted with these god awful colors and every one of them hauled ass. I know they got rid of several of the bugs because they kept getting pulled over by the cops due to the obnoxious paint jobs. Canada sounds like a nice place to hide a sick fast car like that.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well....during the Winter i'm sure we could hide it under the snow..but, i don't know...hideous colors might still shine through!!
Yeah, it was orange....however, for an older "bug" like that i though it was really cool. There is another one in the city that i know of that's black with orange dots everywhere. I think......i'm not too sure, but, i heard that a father bought it for his daughter and got it painted that way. I am waiting for this summer because every Sunday night at a restaurant called "The Pony Correl" there is a car show. Everyone who has a nice car in the city ( or outside ) drives there and shows it! It's really the best. I'm hoping to maybe see that Beetle again...however, he told me at Wal Mart when i saw him there, that, it's not street legal and he was only driving it home from getting some work done on it. I'm not sure where he races it but, when i do find out, i'll take some pictures, get some stats, and well.....post em!! Later All,

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY NOT ORIGINALLY FAST CARS LIKE
THIS BEETLE THAT ARE KNOW FASTSER THAN ANYTHING
YOU'VE SEEN?? ( Excluding Pinto's....haha....)

· Registered
46 Posts
Oddly....

...my boyfriend has a '72 superbeetle. He loves it, but the darn thing is a giant pain, brakes rarely works, speedometer never works, gas gauge is dead, he gets stranded on the side of the road weekly because of the gas. He's had that car for almost 2 years now. He parked it for about a year, he had a '94 Mustang GT, new body, 5.0, I loved that car. Got a thing for 'em, don't know why, probably appearance and power, anyways, he hit a deer and decided to get rid of it, now drives the bug again. I find it hard to believe that with some work and new toys added that his car would kill mine, but then again, if I were to make the same moderations, mine would probably eat his. :E

· Registered
46 Posts
Oddly....

...my boyfriend has a '72 superbeetle. He loves it, but the darn thing is a giant pain, brakes rarely works, speedometer never works, gas gauge is dead, he gets stranded on the side of the road weekly because of the gas. He's had that car for almost 2 years now. He parked it for about a year, he had a '94 Mustang GT, new body, 5.0, I loved that car. Got a thing for 'em, don't know why, probably appearance and power, anyways, he hit a deer and decided to get rid of it, now drives the bug again. I find it hard to believe that with some work and new toys added that his car would kill mine, but then again, if I were to make the same moderations, mine would probably eat his. :confused:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.