Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a litle race against a friend who owns a Ford Sierra Cosworth along road with some long curves bu still with good sigth, i begun to accelerate when he showed up in my rear mirror he couldnt ceep up because of the poor roadabillity of his car. In a curve i took in 210 km/h
He had to let of to keep on the road so i reached our destination first. afterwords he telled me ha could not take that turn in a higher speed than 180 km/h.
A Sierra Cosworth 91 has 224 hp
my standard 626 with N/A FE3 engine has ca 150 hp
ps my car has vent 337000 km

·
Registered
270 Posts
Whats up! I used to live in Europe, was the Sierra Cosworth the 3, 4, or 5 door? Those are very nice cars. A varient of the 3 door was sold here in America called the Merkur XR4ti. It was turbocharged and had 175hp, but the european model is much nicer. I am very shocked that the Cosworth couldn't keep up with the MX-6, I thought those were very excellent handeling cars (well, the MX-6 is too:D) Nice job, I really wish I could post a kill of a Sierra Cosworth!
wilmx6: the FE3 is the 170hp (depending on market) 2.0 16 Valve Mazda engine used in the European and Japanese market cars. It is extremely well built and can rev to 8000RPMs+. Actually, a version of it is here in America in the Kia Sportage, albeit with less hp and more torque for a truck. Us 1st genners know all about it because it is sort of a bolt on upgrade for our cars:)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vrooooom

It was a 4 door 4wd. does anyone now where the 170hp FE3 was sold. or is it just confusing about SEA and DIN hp
in Scandinavia the FE3 had 148hp in 88 and 140hp later (a filthy plug in the exhaust system called a catalytic converter caused the drop)

ps maybe its a magic line at 150 hp who causes the insurance company to go bonkers in Scandinavia so the importers called the 170hp FE3 a 148hp instead to avoid the bloodsucking insurance companies raising their prices. it may also have been a tax question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.