Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ladies and Gents,

Fore the past month I've been trying to see if I could use a KL/62 ( Millenia ) Ecu with my Mx6 MTX. Well thru a long haul and trial and error, I have finally accomplished this and with great results. I'll get you guys official 1320's as soon possible, but as of right now I'm only running in the 13's. I hope to scan in the diagrams of the wiring harness in case anyone else wants to tackle the project. Later.

D in Orlando FL.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
does it pull harder? where ..low end or top?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I was at the track tonight and I did 13.963, 13.510, 13.627, and 13.150...Pretty damn good if you ask me, but I know I'll be ridiculed unless I get my track slips in so gimme a day or 2 and i'll have them up. I would assume the fuel mapping is slightly different but since I'm not exactly a super math genius I couldnt tell you exactly how much of a difference there is. Don't get me wrong my car does have mods, so I hope no one gets the impression that i'm doing this on a stock ZE setup. Later everyone.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Dream Theater said:
Well I was at the track tonight and I did 13.963, 13.510, 13.627, and 13.150...Pretty damn good if you ask me, but I know I'll be ridiculed unless I get my track slips in so gimme a day or 2 and i'll have them up. I would assume the fuel mapping is slightly different but since I'm not exactly a super math genius I couldnt tell you exactly how much of a difference there is. Don't get me wrong my car does have mods, so I hope no one gets the impression that i'm doing this on a stock ZE setup. Later everyone.
I for one, would really appreciate your wiring diagram. That would be so helpful.

I totally believe you on the timeslips, but it'd be fun to see them anyways, for the "damn thats a fast six" factor. :)
-Garrett

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My mod list is not really that extensive...Custom CAI, with a little "Project" I plan on Patenting...Stock flywheel for hard shifts into 2nd, bored TB, KL62 ECU...lol....Exhaust...no NOS...stock 15" rims with "chubby tires"( not slicks )...ThanX Ray, and other than timing and driving ( because that was a PERFECT run that will never happen again ) just dumb luck. I will say that if my little CAI project actually proves to be Patent worthy..I'll def let everyone know what it is and how it works...

ThanX for the support Team.

Gouki

Oh and I ran against a Hon-Duh.........Tisk Tisk Tisk, He was sleepin on me...

·
Registered
132 Posts
kl62 ecu

Are you going to tell us how to do the mods to the wiring etc to get the ecu to work
What other changes did you have to make
what maf /vaf
any other wiring changes
is it a sutable option for daily street driving
There's lots of people out there with KLZE 's running on A spec Ecus that cant find KL36 or Kl31 ecus and there are a lot more Kl62's available at more reaonable prices from wreckers and JDM importers
Looking forward to hearing more
Roger:cool:

·
Registered
854 Posts
13's N/A :freak: ... and no spray ... or boost ... just ZE hmmmmm

What's ur redline at? Is the KL62 ecu speed governed?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow...this was old...anywho the ecu shorted and i just got the correct ecu for the ze..a kl31. Don't know what happened but i assume all the splicing of wires wasnt such a good idea. sorry guys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.