Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

Almost there. The engine sits higher on the driver side though. Also the 89 cluster is fully functional minus the boost and speedo.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
And She Sits

just have to install the tie rod ends and fill up the tranny. and then see if she moves foward and back smoothly. then off the get the exhaust and mounts finished.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Nice 89. The rear mount will bolt up with no modification. I need a hoist in order to drop the engine. The hoist I was using was a friends.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I bolted up the rear mount and now the axles sit perfectly. I will post pictures up. Just have to get the other mounts on.

·
Registered
410 Posts
good work. your real close now. usualy when I get this close to finishing a project I get excited and rush everything coz I wanna drive it lol

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I bolted up the rear mount and now the axles sit perfectly. I will post pictures up. Just have to get the other mounts on.
The 2g doesn't use the lower diff housing mount like the 1g does. I wonder if the case is designed to have that much force on that part of the housing. 2g diff housings crack easy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
The 2g doesn't use the lower diff housing mount like the 1g does. I wonder if the case is designed to have that much force on that part of the housing. 2g diff housings crack easy.
Well the 2G trans and the non-turbo trans are both g-types. So the case design is the same. The mount bolts up like Ford wanted it that way. lol. It has the same exact thru bolts that the 1g trans has.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Well the 2G trans and the non-turbo trans are both g-types. So the case design is the same. The mount bolts up like Ford wanted it that way. lol. It has the same exact thru bolts that the 1g trans has.
I would think the "g-type" trans is referring to transmission internals, not the case itself.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I dont think there will be an issue and most cars that have a G series trans use the diff housing as a mount....

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I dont think there will be an issue and most cars that have a G series trans use the diff housing as a mount....
As do ours, just the other (intermediate shaft) side.

I'm not saying you will have a problem, just stating it is not the standard mount point. If you have the rear inner mount (I don't remember on the 1g F2/F2T), the combination of both will probably be better assuming you haven't extremely stressed either to get them to line up without modification.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
So here is the mount before and after.

The axle went from here.

To here.

Much better. Sits perfectly. I thought it was still I little off, but I compared it to my buddies 2G and they sit exactly the same.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I would think the "g-type" trans is referring to transmission internals, not the case itself.
I think the back half can be swapped between the 2, aside from the top mount using completely different hole locations...I can find out once I finally break a 1g n/a trans, but I won't split them until there's a reason...

top mount holes might actually be a reason to swap when I do it, I suppose...

Looks good, though;) How far off is the front mount gonna be? and are you gonna get pics of the other mounts?

81 - 100 of 138 Posts