Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The front one is off by about 3-4 inches.

The side mount is a little more than an inch off. The engine need to be pushed back on the passenger side a bit to even this out, then the mount needs to be extended out, so it will bolt up. Easy fix.

The driver side trans mount need some L shaped brackets welded to the frame to bolt it in place.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts

The driver side trans mount need some L shaped brackets welded to the frame to bolt it in place.
Is that mount of a GT or LX? 5 speed or AUTO. The 5 speed passenger for the GT looks that it might fit better than that one. I know there's a diffrence in between the GT AUTO PASSENGER MOUNT & the 5 Speed.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Is that mount of a GT or LX? 5 speed or AUTO. The 5 speed passenger for the GT looks that it might fit better than that one. I know there's a diffrence in between the GT AUTO PASSENGER MOUNT & the 5 Speed.
Its an N/A Auto mount.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Get a Turbo Manual mount...it should line up perfectly. The Auto's are offset to the rear a bit :)
I need the engine to come back on the passenger side. The engine sits crooked, so if the engine meets up with the mount I'm using, the engine would sit perfectly :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
It's time

OK guys the end has come. The mounts are in place. The shifter stablizer was lengthend the mount bracket were fabbed and the frame was notched for the drain plug. As soon as a get is back from the shop. Pics will be ASAP. All I need to do is put this baby under insurance and get stickers for it. Then is finished. After that the G4 mani and phenos are going on. Then MAF conversion. Also need spacers for the rear FD's. Then mounts being used are 1G N/A mount a 1G N/A rear mount a 2nd gen front and driver side mount

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
So did you end up using a 1g GT passenger side upper mount?

Pic of this mount completed would help your thread content.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I suggest that you make a full write up later and expalne how to do this swap for further reference. :tup: I would like to see this swap done on a 1st gen MX6 as well. Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benifits of a 200 hp N/A beast. BTW what is the gross weight difference between the first and second gen?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So did you end up using a 1g GT passenger side upper mount?

Pic of this mount completed would help your thread content.
I used a 91 MX6 N/A ATX upper pass. mount. I'll post pictures when i have the car at my house which should be at around 10pm or so. The mount brackets were fabbed up. The shifter stab. was lengthened also.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I suggest that you make a full write up later and expalne how to do this swap for further reference. :tup: I would like to see this swap done on a 1st gen MX6 as well. Keep up the hard work and you will reap the benifits of a 200 hp N/A beast. BTW what is the gross weight difference between the first and second gen?
The gross on my 91 MX6 N/A ATX is 3750 on my 96 PGT MTX is 3792. Not much. The curb weight on a 89PGT is 2870 on a 96PGT it's 2921. The weight difference isn't much at all, but with my weight reduction it should be.
No A/C or P/S
ABS delete
rear wiper delete
Manual rack
Spare tire well delete.
Heater core, evaporator, vents, a/c controls gone
Slim fans
FD's :tup:
i have full interior though.
any misc brackets and bolts that weren't needed.
the 1g doesn't have all of that airbag stuff.
We will see I will be racing my friends 2g with cold air intake and exhaust
I will have PS headers with straight pipe(for now until I can get a resonator and muffler) and a cone filter.

I had weighed my car at the track w/ the F2T and before all of this weight reduction and it weighed in at 2807.

·
Registered
87 Posts
dude that thing is gonna fly it looks really great so far and i cant believe mx 6 s weigh more than probes i always thought it was the other way around

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
gross and curb weight are different. Get on a scale to get a real reading :)

Gavin weighed his MX6 GT at 2600 something pounds I believe.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Car needs an alignment bad! I need a burp tank. new brake booster and master cylinder. need probably a slave cylinder for the clutch too. NEEDS muffler. its running PS headers no cat and a resonator. I don't know if it just me, but the car feels REALLY slow. I hope its because there is no backpressure. or just because i'm driving a 1g and think it should be faster. we will see when i fix everything. i'll feel better. or maybe something happened to the motor in the wreck.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I hope its because there is no backpressure.
horseshit...why would any pump want backpressure? Too big of piping maybe...but not too likely, the kl breathes pretty good. My buddy used to run a 3" on his N/A due to free parts and he liked the sound, and had the fastest one in the valley for a long time, with mostly simple bolt ons...anytime I do a project, I'm always disappointed the first time I drive it, too.

We tried driving his aorund with no exhasut for a couple days, hard as hell to keep quiet...we would turn it off as we passed the sheriff's house and coast...

101 - 120 of 138 Posts