Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for anyone with a corksport engine, especially a KL-ZE. If I purchase the engine from them, do I need to upgrade to a KL-ZE camshaft set, intake manifold, and piston set? It isnt too much more money for these, but I was just wondering if it is necessary or can i just run off the stock. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Your KLZE will come with those parts installed. I would not buy the motor from corksport becuase they are over priced and do not come with any waranty. Also there chip will not help hp, I have seen back to back dynos with and without the ecu and there was not enough of a diference to buy it.

I bought mine from japan direct for only $1400 shipped with a 6 month waranty. There web page is http://www.usedengines.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for you information. are you satisfied with your engine overall? was the horsepower increase signifigant? also, last one, what does $1,400 include? thanks again

·
Registered
543 Posts
I love my ze, it picks up much quicker, as soon as 2700 rpms. Then when the vris kicks in, 3200 rpm, it pulls much harder than the stock motor, and pulls all the way to redline. I can pass cars much easier on the high way,as well as spirited canyon runs.

The motor comes shipped complete with everything, including the squared intake headeers, the manifold, the pistons, the tb, the hotter cams and the higher comp levels

·
Registered
41 Posts
ECU?

Did it come with a new ECU or did you have to get a custom one made? I think my motor is starting to nock and if it is I'm gonna get a new one. I have only 64K on it, but I do drive it hard. I had to replace the trans already. Its an Auto 2.0L 4cyl, is it hard and or expensive to get the new motor installed and running right?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: ECU?

SmoothE911 said:
Did it come with a new ECU or did you have to get a custom one made? I think my motor is starting to nock and if it is I'm gonna get a new one. I have only 64K on it, but I do drive it hard. I had to replace the trans already. Its an Auto 2.0L 4cyl, is it hard and or expensive to get the new motor installed and running right?
I left my ecu alone, so it is stock. As for your motor knocking, there are quite a few things it could be.DO the basics like changing your plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor before you do anything. Also try running a few tank fulls of chevron premium to help as well as some injector cleaner.

as for the motor replacement, the motor you will want is called the FSZE, the j-spec 4 cyl that puts out 170 hp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey mx6-boy

how much was it to put the motor in the car. also do you know if the cai and headers for the klo3 will fit the klze or would I have to get new stuff? so it was only 1600 for the motor and shipping how long did it take to get to you. that is sweet that is 1000 less than corksports plus there is no warrenty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts