Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY HELP. KL-ZE has 10:1 compression, different intake manifold and diff cams. thats about it as far as i know. couldn't i just change the pistons and rods in the US V6 to give me better compression (maybe even better than 10:1) and have the stock intake manifold port/polished, and bore the throttle body and get the same or more power than the KL-ZE??? granted the cams are still stock, but how much diff does that make? i see more potential with a rebuild of the stocker. TALK TO ME. I'm in the last stage of planning be4 i squeeze major power out of the car. major work ahead. by the way its a 94LS 5 speed. I NEED ADVISEMENT. THANX>

--Nick
--BLUMX6

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm with you on this one BLU. It's the way I'm going at the moment, except for the upped compression ratio. The other difference between the engines in the heads. In addition to using different pistons the head quench area is differt, both of these make for the 10:1 compression. The cams actually make a good difference in the peak power, but instead of getting ZE cams you can get a set with power hp potential from Interprep. These guys actually build racing MX-6 engines and know a lot about them. There some where on the upper east coast.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the klze's intake is 5mm bigger....but if your going u.s. spec, ( i respect that. ) Cams are a must, the intake can be bored and extrude honed. Thomas Knight Turbos has some sor of stroker kit for our engine. as far as power adders if you go nos make sure you get long piston skirts, and theres always eram ( http//www.electricsupercharger.com ). heevery little bit helps. I say we do an eram bulk buy!...... good luck, let us know what you decide!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts