Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i just bought a ZE IM cause i have a curved neck but when i bought it it did not have a TB on it so i have the TB from the curved neck that is totally different (will not work) But i have 2 DE TB but when messin with them to get it ready the DE TB has a port that i am not sure what to do with it comes off the IM of the DE and flows to the bottom of the TB it is a huge hose. Can you guys and your wonderful knowledge please help a fellow 6er out....? I have a picture of what im talking about on my CDomain page 4

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
What you're really talking about being different is the IAC (idle air control) Valve on the bottom of the TB. It's secured to the TB by 4 screws.

Anyway, the big nipple on the DE IAC which you do not see on the curved neck is for vacuum. Get it vacuum and it will be fine.

The two common places to tap for vacuum are the brake booster hose and the PCV hose.

My personal recommendation is the brake booster hose. Be sure to add some hose and put it right at the IM. This is because that hose has a check valve in it which if you put the IAC after that valve, it will not be able to control idle very well.

If you use the PCV hose, idle may be difficult to control as it is not a complete vacuum... the PCV is always letting some air through from the crank case.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i have a ZE IM that i am putting it on and how does the one on the curved neck work if the DE is ran off vaccum? they still have the sme electrical connections but the DE has that HUGE nipple.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
But i have a ZE IM that i am putting it on and how does the one on the curved neck work if the DE is ran off vaccum? they still have the sme electrical connections but the DE has that HUGE nipple.
The straight neck ZE and curved neck ZE IAC both use vacuum from the TB itself. The DE IAC is the only one which runs off an external vacuum.

I believe you can use the curved neck one on your straight neck without any issues. But be aware that since the curved neck IAC is rare and required for use on a curved neck IM. This means you can sell that TB/IAC for more than a DE one (which you already have sitting) or straight neck ZE one is worth.

So if you want to go through the trouble of making a sale, you can make some cash off that curve neck one and just pick up a straight neck one or use your DE one you have laying around.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Curved neck TB will not fit the ZE IM cause the curved neck has a different TB all together the ZE IM has the same mating surface as the DE but the mating surface on the curved has a hump for lack of a better discription at the top of the TB

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And here is a pic of the nipple im talking about on the DE TB

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
He already said it, tap it to the brake booster or PCV.

Reactions: Fastest95PGT

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Okay, so if you can't use a curved neck TB on a ZE straight neck or DE IM, then sell it. As I said, it's worth more anyway as they are so rare.

PM Magoo (name starts with Magoo and is from the Northeast). I know he had a curved neck and no TB for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts