Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey a question for all of you with the V6's. I always thought i had the KL03 engine. So why does it say KL02 on the MAF? right behing the filter box it says KL02. Any idea what this means?

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you needle around the engine compartment you'll find several parts with the KL02 part number on it. That's all it is, the engine is the KL03.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm reopening this thread because I feel like there is more to discuss and learn here

The engine is definitely a KL03 not a KL02 but it's odd that the are different parts in teh engine labeled KL02. Perhaps these are parts from the KL02 engine that were transferred over to the KL03...

I also remember finding a valve somewhere in the engine that had a Mistsubishi emblem on it. Weird...

Techies... any ideas?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mitsubishi.....

Mitsubishi is a multi-faceted company. One of their specialties is electronics. I had one of their cars and the electronics were very good, but the tranny thats another story. They make a lot of electrical components used in a lot of different things all over the world including cars. They probably have a site, but I know they do a hundred different things besides making cars. It's not too strange to have a company outside of the manufacture have parts in the car, kind of like spark plugs.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i noticed that mitsubishi logo too. Weird...

And Xeon what was up with closing this thread up?
This was exactly the point I was trying to make in the lounge yesterday that everyone seemed to disagree with. Oh well, its not big deal.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You will find many parts in the engine with the KL designation on them, KL02, KL01, KL05, KL1H1, KL1A1, KL101, and so on. All it means is that the part is designed for a KL-series engine, nothing more. As for the Mitsubishi parts, Xeon is right. Mitsubishi is the largest corporation in Japan, they have interests in automobiles, electronics, logging, shipping, whaling, fishing, energy, you name it they probably have a finger in it. Many companies buy parts from them because it is cheaper than having to design and build them in house.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah i see a lot of FS designations on my 4-cyl too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts