Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 93 MX6 that I just did a KLZE swap on and I am awaiting the arrival of my new ECU that I bought. Do I need to flash or reset this ECU when or before I plug it in? Or will this thing just plug right into my harness and I am ready to go? PM me with some answers. THANKS A LOT GUYS!

Bazz :tup:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
It plugs right in to the 93 harness I believe but you'll need the JE50 VAF also.

You can get those off of MX-3 GS's and last generation 929 sedans.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^It's an OBD1 ECU, so it plugs into all but the 1996 and 1997 models from what I can remember. But yes, you do need the JE50. Check junk yards for them or this site as either will be your cheapest bet. Worst case, PM Probinator on this forum about having your OEM ECU flashed to ZE spec.

Also, for future reference, please post in the most appropriate forum. For this question, which is related solely to the 2nd Gen, it should be in the 2nd Gen main forum a little further down the site main page. I've moved it there for you this time, but for next time, you'll get more assistance and faster by posting in the correct area.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Thanks I4 I wasnt sure about 95 because of the distributor change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts