Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when under full load, engine is fine, when there is no accelartion, it shakes ...hard....and once or twice will stall and require a restart.

The seller told me this is due to Phenolic spacers and a coolant bypass.

Anyone know if this is possible and if so how to revert the process?

Phil

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
reattach the coolant lines to the throttle body...might need new ones depending on how it was done...and even then that probably would not cause an idle that bad. What it could cause is a high idle since the IAT always thinks the motor is cold and remains open all the time..(fast idle like at startup)...it should not cause a crazy rough idle

that sounds like a weird prob tho....i'm not sure what would cause that...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
reattach the coolant lines to the throttle body...might need new ones depending on how it was done...and even then that probably would not cause an idle that bad. What it could cause is a high idle since the IAT always thinks the motor is cold and remains open all the time..(fast idle like at startup)...it should not cause a crazy rough idle

that sounds like a weird prob tho....i'm not sure what would cause that...
thanks for the help

any other responses?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
vac line could be bad....hooked up wrong or dryrott

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
yeah, what sethbobbob said, check all vac lines, and even check if the oil cap is on tight. i did a booboo before and forgot to put my oil cap back on after adding some oil. car would start and then die, but if i gave it some gas, it would be fine, until i let off the gas and then it would die. i was like wtf! the car was working fine the day before. popped the hood, and then oil everywhere, lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
My idle was really ruff too

Hey my idle was really ruff too 95 mx6 2.5 v6 and now my car wont start???? i just got the car and it ran fine on the road but it tried to die at stop signs. so i let it sit for a night and now it wont start? Does anyone know what is up :(someone told me it may be the tps sensor??? help!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
could be distribuitor also

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah might be it. might have jumped timing to i guess and no one has a diagnostic tool for it that i can rent so now i have to take it to a shop... this sucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts