Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced a lexus sc400 on the way home tonight did about 5 runs. outcome?

Mx-6 won 5 times
SC400 lost 5 times

:D KLG4 Mx6 MODS: Sigged
Lexus Sc400: intake and straight piping exhaust

3rd gear look the lead every time :D, made me fall inlove with my mx6 all over again :D :D :D :D :D

IT WAS SO BADASS!!! WHOOHOO!! though... i dont like to race on the streets anymore... i just fucking had to since i love lexus SC400 :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
That's kick-ass man! nice!

spread the word.. mx6's aren't slow.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
wtf is a KLG4? Is that like bastardization of the K8 and ZE?

·
Registered
717 Posts
^^^ SHAME.

It is the KL out of a 98+ 626. Has 170hp, 5 more then our KLDE due to better flowing head, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong Car_insane.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
^^^ SHAME.

It is the KL out of a 98+ 626. Has 170hp, 5 more then our KLDE due to better flowing head, IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong Car_insane.
You see what kind of car I drive, right? you see my mods? why would I concern myself with a 2g unless it's spooled :p

I was just satisfying my curiosity about this engine identification is all ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
ASSHOLE 1g'ers! ;)

I love your avatar man, I don't know if you know that.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Sc are pigs so freakin heavy but sexy looking, and the v8 which u raced takes the scale lol Good race though. Just beware of some sc300 with 2jztt they move

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i always thought those SC400s are fast but I've never raced one. Good kill tho. Nice to know the mx6 can still hold it's own.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh btw, this is withoug VRIS working :D i still got a few bugs to work out on this car

the SC400 was sexy sounding

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm really interested in seeing a dyno slip of your 6 now.

That's pretty sweet. I've been wondering what a G4 could do lately, with portation and ZE pistons actually...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what i think the best thing is for ZE lovers to do is get a ZE block and G4 heads.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Why for that .5 compression boost? You get the Best IM, The best heads stock in terms of solid lifters where as the ZE's have weak retainers and while the HLA's are bigger the valves are not... go figure.

Not to mention the Crank is the lightest produced in a Stock KL motor.

In the end the G4 should get more atten then it does. 9.5:1 is its stock compression. (Not to mention stock it has coil packs... and if your OBDII it comes in a Manual 626 version which I always thought using its wiring harness, possibly gauge cluster, coil packs, actual MAF (like the Millenia) and ECU you could have a real MAF and Coil packs with no Error codes and pretty much every KL Problem solved and upgraded. Never could find a wrecked one to test with though.)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in the summer, i will be looking for a wiring harness, MAF, coilpack. i only said heads because of the solid lifters yes. and yes, the ZE crank is better

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
in the summer, i will be looking for a wiring harness, MAF, coilpack. i only said heads because of the solid lifters yes. and yes, the ZE crank is better
Wait when did the ze crank become any different then the de crank? I remember reading many times they were the same but I have been wrong before.

Unless you meant to say g4.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My previous car was a 1996 SC300 Manual, bought it for 7k with 160,000 miles never had to replace ANYTHING even with redlining it basically every time then 2.5 years later sold it for 9k with 190k miles and the only mod was an aftermarket dvd player that was 400. God I loved that car and only 720 manual 5 spds were made, not too mention the 2jz non turbo is the exact same motor as the turbo except different BETTER flowing head & intake, higher compression ratio which can be dropped with a thicker headgasket and no oil squirters on the pistons. Theres people running 700-950 WHP with just lowering the compression and head studs, it's called NA-T. Also every part off the supra thats drivetrain/suspension related is interchangable, they share the same chassis minus the fact that the supra was based off the soarer (japaneese lexus SC), so they shortened the chassis and stregenthed it a little bit then built the 1jz into the 2jz.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
me and the SC400 went back at it. raced twice. once where i didnt launch it. got him by about two cars. then raced from a dig. he said he was going to win this time. nope. got him by 4 cars. no lie. he made excuses. saying two people were in the car, and second gear bogs down at 70..

ah well.. STILL a very clean car. pearl white with fat black 18's.

also. raced a Sc300, or well messed with one. Chyea, they ar quicker lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts