Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

While searching a local auto recyclers...

I came across a 1997 Millenia/Eunos 800 with a KL47 MAF.

I immediately pulled both the KL47 MAF and the KL47 throttle Body.

But here's where it gets weird, I then pulled the ECU, KLK7... I searched the forum, then the wider inter-web for any reference to it .. NOTHING.

What's really strange is ... that it's post 1995, this ECU should be OBDII, right?, but it has the 3 yellow plugs just like my 1994 ECU (KL55) 26 - 16 - 22 pins, but It also has an extra one between 16 & 22 which I assume is for the automatic trans. as these cars only came with an auto. Or is it?

What is this KLK7.. some sort of hybrid, LOL??

It sure ain't standard... I'm confused... a 1997 should be OBDII shouldn't it?!

I'll take some photos and upload.

I only realised this was a bit like finding a unicorn, when I started researching a PileOfRD1 OBD1 to OBD11 adapter, but then looked at the ECU... and said, what the hell have I got here.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK.. don't all reply at once..

KLK7 = an ECU for the 2.5L DE engine, but with KL47 MAF and KL47 Throttle Body.

I am assuming the VRIS points will be much the same.

I don't have any idea about how to wire-in the 2 wire MAF... was there an idle air temperature sensor I need to grab? (what does it look like, where is it??)

More pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK... I have done a TONNE of research and I am now in a position to share my findings.

This has taken WEEKS if not MONTHS to workout, and I am looking for feedback on the accuracy. >:)

Basically it is a VERY comprehensive doc (PDF) with all the ECU Diagrams, Schematics, Pinouts, colours, mappings etc for
the;
- MX6 OBDI (1994/5)
- Millenia / Eunos 800 - ODBII - 1997 (KLK1 ECU .. maybe the KLK7 also)
- Millenia / Eunos 800 - ODBII - 1997 (KLP2 ECU ... has a different connector to the MX6)

I got so frustrated with the lack of information for a Millenia ECU swap... so I put this together..

LOL

Link to more complete document... (size limit stopped me uploading it)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6eHpIwkKKDAbmo1Z3NlSFhrVjQ/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts