Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Anyone from sydney here whos got a KLZE in their MX6? I just wanted to know what other parts i need to replace when i get a klze.

so far i know i gotta get:

the klze ecu
the transmission
intake manifold
exhaust manifold

And how big of a headache is it to get it all done?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
um, shouldnt the motor allready have the IM etc with it, and u can run the DE ecu, it just runs leaner, and u can use ur normal transmission to i belive, as there are no diffs between the jpec trans and the aus spec, some jspecs got LSD, but they are really rare

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You can use the same "every thing" from your MX6, all you want is the motor and maybe new clutch timing belt and water pump (not by actual necessity, just because it is a good opportunity to swap them over)

The ecu and VAF is a good idea for getting maximum power from it, if you use the ZE intake manifold (and you should again for max power) you will have to perhaps go with an aftermarket intake/ram, as the ze one is a different shape..

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
sunny_mx6 said:
so far i know i gotta get:

the klze ecu
the transmission
intake manifold
exhaust manifold

Good point elusive.. If you want to use the Jspec ecu you really should have a obd1

I think if you have a obd11 you can get a chip that fits into your existing ecu too modify it..

But to further answer your question..

KLZE ECU (KL31 or kl36) you don’t require, but is a main component of a tru ze swap..

Transmition ---- you don’t require to purchase as the one on the Espec is identical (you can reuse)

Intake manifold –---you would be nuts not to use the one on the KLZE as it is yet another major component of the power making abilities of a true ZE swap.

But the air filter/ducting will not be compatible .. Your motor supplier may be able to provide the air box/ducting for you or again go for a pod filter ..

The exhaust manifold--- is the same internal diameter and the only difference is the rear bank on the ZE has no tap for the EGR.

You really should reuse the ones on your Espec (at least the rear) and reconnect the egr system (exhaust gas recirculation) when you do you will want to remove the Allen key “grub screw” mounted on the KLDE (old motor) located top right hand side of the block (just above and back abit from the thermostat housing) and put it into the vacant corresponding hole on your KLZE.

There are plenty of threads on the swap on the forum the search function it is easy.

But if you are getting a mechanic to fit it for you that is probably all you will have to tell him.. And a copy of the vacuum diagram may help.. (If you have cruse control you will have to T that in, as the ZE only has one vac pick up point @ the front.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the replies. its a good thing i dont have to buy the transmission as it would only waste money. the idiot i was gonna buy the engine off told me i HAD to use the transmission he wanted to sell me or the whole thing wouldnt work.
Now Im just saving up so I could get the engine fitted. If theres any cruises on in Sydney I'd like to see an MX6 with a ZE in it so I could see how it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts