Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon everyone.

I am going to be doing some 'extra' prep work for Japfest to give me a bit of bling under the hood. This means finally getting around to installing the 'shinys' that I've had sitting about.

Therefore, once I've got the switchover done I will be selling the main components of a KLZE engine. I need the space, so they have to go.

The bonus of the engine being in bits is that the components are alot easier to shift - as the parts (including the crankcase) can be moved by hand. The downside being that the engine would need to be reassembled and accessory parts acquired.

This is what I have for sale -
1* ZE Inlet Manifold - £100
1* Set of 4 ZE Cams - £100 (SOLD)
2* ZE Heads - £35 Each, £60 for both
1* ZE (Universal) Crankcase - £40

Optional Items -
1* Throttle Body - Open to Offers
1* ZE Distributor Cap - £40

Please bear in mind this engine will not be sold with ANY bolts, nuts or washers; therefore it will require a donor engine to replace the removed pieces. (The heads have a couple of internal bolts still in place, and the inlet manifold rear neck will be still attached, this is all.)

You would need a complete gasket set (ZE Shape) to re-use this engine, and I would recommend a thorough prep session before assembly. I have thoroughly cleaned the cam shaft holders back to manufacture colour, the crankcasing and inlet manifold will also be cleaned. The cams and heads themselves have been left coated in oil to preserve them. In order for this engine to run as a full power ZE, you would also need to acquire -

1* ZE Air Intake VAF Sensor
1* ZE Air Intake Upper Section (Throttle Body to VAF section)
1* ZE ECU (I have a chipped UK ECU available that will work with a ZE correctly, but I have not tested it to see if it works as it should.)

The engine had roughly 84k miles on the clock before I dismantled it. I don't really see the need for photo's on this as these are typical items in good condition - however I can if absolutely necessary get some taken and post them on here.

I will only ship these parts abroad if I get paid to do it - its a bloody nightmare to do so - and expensive. You've been warned!

I would love to put a price on here for this, but I'm not sure what this lot would fetch. I am open via PM to offers, and would consider swapping the parts for items of sensible interest to me.

Any questions - fire away!

Ben.

P.S. Please note that I will not be able to release the ZE inlet manifold until I have performed the inlet manifold switchover - this will happen before Japfest. (16th May)

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've added some estimate prices folks - Surely SOMEONE somewhere would like some ZE bits?

Ben.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lex.

Yes I do have everything for sale still. When you say "heads" I take it you mean the cam shafts as well?

I can take some photos, but to be honest there isn't much point - everything is in good condition, the heads aren't warped, and most things have been stored in oil to keep them fresh.

What are you looking to do with the bits?

Cheers.

Ben.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts