Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.
live in raleigh nc and im trying to figure out were i can get a klze engine. i dont want to go to the dealer and spend lots of money when i know there places that can sell me an engine lots cheaper then that. if u have any ideas please tell me. live in cary so if anyone knows around there i will diffently go. later

·
Registered
211 Posts
go to yahoo and search for nippon motors. i think the site is www.nippon-motors.com but if thats nots it, go to yahoo. i just bought my klze and it got there quick. the motors come straight from japan, through a distributor in california. i paid 800 for the klze, which is the same price as the kl. over four days i spent a total of 12 hours changing the motor. if you need any help changing it just get back at me. its pretty easy.

·
Registered
711 Posts
local is Japan Direct.781-7314. They are off Westgate Rd in Raleigh by the airport. Good luck.

Matt

·
Registered
137 Posts
nemetz did u have any prblems with ur klze? from nippon motors?

·
Registered
211 Posts
one minor

when i got the motor it was complete. except for ps and alt witch doesnt matter cus id rather us mine.

the only thing that got messed up was the #2 vris diaphram. it got dented in shipping. i just took the one off my old motor. i actually stripped all the usefull parts off my old motor.

another thing that you have to do is switch the distributor to the american model off your old motor.

i did the swap in 12 hours and it started up and ran great. of courst i had to set the idle and timing, but besides that i was very impressed and happy. you just have to let it work the oil in to the lifters for about 10 min cuz they shipp the motor dry for hazmat resons.

i replaced the clutch and put the engine mount inserts in and it felt like a new motor. havent had any problems. i highly recomend them. ..
heres the pic of when i got it..

the great thing was that this motor came off an automatic. which automatics put less strain on the motor and bearings.

check out my klze page
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115159&highlight=klze+swap

hope this helps you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,
i have a 96 mx6 2.0 fs 4 banger and i want to swap the engine for a v6. i would prefer the j-spec engine. i am unsure of what v6 will fit in to the original mount brackets. i am tracking that i will need a new wire harness and possible ecu for the j spec engine. does any one have any idea of what engine will work for me, i seen a few on jdmenginescorp.com/]Engines, jdm, diesel engines, jdm engines, japanese engines, japanese motors[/url] but i want tobe sure what would drop in. I really appreciate the help with this issue. i was gonna do a cam and valve job and custome turbo setup but after thinking about it the v6 has more options for add ons and power boosters and i would sink a lot more money in to the 4 banger, just to get the 200 hp the j spec comes with. oh and i need a transmission as well but i assume once i have the engine the trans is a lot easier to find.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Agreed. You will spend much time and money swapping 4-6 than just buying a 6 cyl. After engine, ecu, wiring, trans, axles and everything else it would be a lot easier, and almost definitely cheaper, to just buy a different car.

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
wish I lived up there so I could come.....down here in jacksonville i'm the only one with a 6 that goes up to the races every saturday(and there's always 100's of cars)....everyone stares and is like wtfmate watkinda car is that? lol
:)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
search and read, hit up probetalk also they have tons of technical posts there. Next time you post you should be fairly well versed in the Probe/mx6 game and able to keep up with conversations without having to question every single word trying to understand :)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Lol, directing newbies to other sites seems a little.... self-destructive.

josekills, start a new thread, and we'll work with you. :)

As for your questions so far... yep, you can do headers, or swap to a KLZE, or both! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts