Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of questions about the klze engine which i am thinking about getting. anyone who has one, have you had any trouble with it? also, i have a 4 cylinder right now, is there anything else I would have to change b/c this is a 6 cylinder engine? thanks for your help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe you should ask this question in the 2nd gen forum

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you do a search on this you will find this answer but I'll tell you anyway. If you wnat the V6 then it's going to be cheaper to sell you car and buy an LS and put the KLZE in it. You have to change too much when putting the V6 in a I4 car. If you can find an LS witha blown motor then you can get the car cheap and put the KLZE in it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Inovation racer said:
what kinds of things would i need to change?
Just some quick basics, but you'll need new motor mounts ($200-500), new front spring for the added weight, new drive shafts, new ECU, headers or stock exhaust, intake and associated sensors (the VAF is $400 alone) and other pieces that I can't think of off hand. As you can see it get very expensive very quickly.:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coooooooooooool. Thanks guys for explaining all this to me. I was hopin for the 200hp, but i guess i can also put on a turbo at a later date!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts