Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard alot about the KLZE engine from mx6s... is that the best engine for the mx6? does it fit in the automatic? how much horsepower are we talkin here?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
IMO, Yes it's the best engine for the MX6. It comes with 200HP or 150KWs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek:200 hp?! damn, i need that! what is IMO? so does it fit in the auto mx6? do you know how much it costs? thanks for the help

·
Registered
543 Posts
the OBII is to help control the smog that comes out of your car, it also prevents you from being able to pull the codes from your car. Other diferences include different shaped headers(which is why the 93-95 model aftermarket headers will not fit) as well as different lenght exhaust pipe. Im sure there are much more diferences, but that is all I can come up with for now. You might want to consider going over to probetalk and ask if and how any one successfully installed one in there car and how they got past the obII stuff

G

·
0 Posts
ok i got a 4 cyl auto... will a 6 cyl KLZE fit or would i have to get a 4 cyl KLZE??

})

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The V6 will fit in there but you will need to do alot of work. Might as well as sell your I4 and by a V6

There is also a FSZE for the 4 bangers. 170HP

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Excuse my ignorance ..But in Aussie I think we only got the one engine in the second gen MX6. It was a KL03 I think. How does that compare to the KLZE?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
KL03 = 121Kw or 164HP
KLZE = 149KW or 200HP

The KLZE is only available in Japan and must be imported.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts